Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz shuttle 6.0 any good ?

weepaul

Had mine as my main amp for years now, no issues at all. I have thrashed it lately at a few gigs so I am going to treat it to a new valve. I have the 3.0 also and thats a good amp too especially with a 4 ohm cab or pair of 8 ohm cabs, struggles a bit with a single 12 after a while but the 6.0 has never left me needing more power. I did a gig on staurday, the main band had a 2x10 and a 1x15 with an Ashdown head, di'd through a massive pa too big for the room, they had no idea how to operate their pa so by the time we went on they asked me to just use my amp as backline! Shuttle 6.0 and a 1x12 (would have took my 2x12 if I had known but I knew there was a big pa with monitors so I didnt bother, I wasnt even going to take a cab and just Di the head! Well the little shuttle had no trouble at all, everything at 12 oclock, they even said the bass was too loud at one point against a mic'd up kit! :)

I now have a Shuttlemax9.2 as my big amp, thats brilliant.

[quote name='martthebass' timestamp='1378754935' post='2204340']
I tried one, and opted for the LM3 in the end as it suited the MB cab I was using at the time better. Ironically with the BF compact I'm now using I suspect it's brightness would be a better fit. In short make sure you consider the cab(s) as well.
[/quote]

I found my LMTube to sound exactly like the GB.
Had my shuttle for a while now, never missed a beat and small enough to fit in my gig bags picket which is nice. Power feels nice ans responsive, although I've been in a few venues and with some cabs I feel it runs low on juice, but it's not lacked in volume really. Having more on tap puts your mind at ease.

The headphone out and auxiliary ins are nice features but the headphone out sound quality is a bit dire, so always use my Tascam. Not sure what the DI is like, but not being able to set the line out level is a draw back that I didn't have with the mark bass.

Overall, a good quality amp. If I could get the features of the MB in this size and power then I'd go for that though.

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='Highfox' timestamp='1378753227' post='2204288']
Nice amps if you like it clear and slightly brite.
[/quote]

Indeed, I've got one but prefer my RH450 as its much more "rock & roll". I cant imagine a better lightweight amp for a clean sound though ...