Why become a member? ×

Hercules stands

vmaxblues

Hi All,

I recently had my Hercules twin guitar stand break, it has been used with care but extensively and was well out of warranty. I contacted Hercules Stands (shopatron) and a very helpful person called Alex in particular.

I sent a photo of the damage, and Alex very kindly sent me a donor stand from their spares pile which had all the parts I needed to repair my own, all free of charge, I have now repaired my trusty stand and all is well.

This is vindication as to why all my stands are Hercules, they are the best designed, robust and quality items and they back their product up in this way.

Just thought I would share a good service story.

Cheers All

[quote name='vmaxblues' timestamp='1378209032' post='2196999']
Hi All,

I recently had my Hercules twin guitar stand break, it has been used with care but extensively and was well out of warranty. I contacted Hercules Stands (shopatron) and a very helpful person called Alex in particular.

I sent a photo of the damage, and Alex very kindly sent me a donor stand from their spares pile which had all the parts I needed to repair my own, all free of charge, I have now repaired my trusty stand and all is well.

This is vindication as to why all my stands are Hercules, they are the best designed, robust and quality items and they back their product up in this way.

Just thought I would share a good service story.

Cheers All
[/quote]

It might be worth chucking something in the reviews section :)

I had one break without me doing anything to it after 2 months. It was only being used at home and as I picked the stand up (without a bass on it) the part with the self-closing yoke on it just broke away from the metal stem. I did get a replacement but ended up selling it and now am happy with the Ultimate Support stands. :)

The fact it broke in the first place seems a bit worrying to me, especially as it was used with care.

I've got some Ultimate support GS100 stands, some of which I've had for 3 years or so, with some quite heavy basses on too and they've never let me down. They can accommodate the wider necks of my two 6 string basses too, something the Hercules I had once couldn't do.

After the plastic pin moved out of place on the locking mechanism on my Hercules stand (letting the bass slowly drift down) I drilled a hole and put a small metal rod through it.

Now the stand can't give way and let the bass down.

Apart from that problem I'm happy with my stand.

I've had the cheaper £7 stands usually found in the wire baskets by the counters of music shop. They serve a purpose until your beloved bass takes a swan dive. As a result I purchased a couple of Hercules single stands years ago, and to this date I still find them very sturdy and reliable.

It's extremely reassuring to hear of the customer service should I ever have an issue with them though....

Still using a couple of cheapo stands I have had for years, not broken yet. The bit with the resting cradle on it sometimes drops out during transit in the car but they are designed to be removable. Never had any issues with them actually in use though they aren't great for jazz basses as the bass sits at an odd angle due to the body shape.