Why become a member? ×

Most insane gig of my life!!!

mrtcat

Still hyped from last night's gig. Me and my band (Iron Pussy) got to play the closing show at The Freddie Gee annual drum academy in Winchester as our drummer is one of the tutors there.

We played a set of 80's metal covers with our regular drummer and then we had a few guests. 1st up was Ian Matthews of Kasabian who played Sweet Child O Mine with us. Then came Craig Blundell of Frost (and many others) who played Welcome To The Jungle. He was followed by Steve White (Oasis, Paul Weller, The Who) who joined us for Bon Jovi's You Give Love A Bad Name. Finally Gregg Bisonette (David Lee Roth, Steve Vai, Santana etc etc) played Ratt's Round & Round and Livin On A Prayer.

Not a bad night at all. All the guys were really nice and all hung out for beers after the show. Gregg Bisonette is hands down the friendliest and most enthusiastic guy Ive ever met. All were very complimentary of our band too which just showed that even pros have a sense of humour!

[quote name='mrtcat' timestamp='1375370059' post='2160429']
Hoping the footage will start to appear today as plenty people were videoing it. I'll get some clips up as they get passed to us. Thanks for all the nice posts :-)
[/quote]
Mate I'd not come down for a week after that.....what an amazing thing to experience.

[quote name='iceonaboy' timestamp='1375370949' post='2160444']
that sounds like a superb gig. How come so many big names were there?
[/quote]
It was a residential drum academy which has been going 20 odd yrs and they draw a big student base. guys like Gregg Bissonette and Steve White have supported it for years and are regulars.

[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1375452939' post='2161634']
I've played with Blunders a fair bit (ooer), monster player.....
[/quote]

A big hitter too. Apparently the snare drum head resembled the surface of the moon by the end of his stint. In fact that was something I noted with all the guys - they all hit really really solidly.

Its been great to hear about it so to play it must have blown your booties off. Thanks for sharing the experience and just imagine all the name dropping you can do ;-) some seriously good rhythmists on the list. Good on you, a dream night by the sounds of it.

Respect

Col