Why become a member? ×

Rolling Stones at Glastonbury

timmo

[quote name='tedmanzie' timestamp='1372546277' post='2127151']
i suppose this is better than primal scream
[/quote]

But did you see the female bass player with the see through top and the sparkly black bra ?

Definite highlight of the PS set for me!

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1372546366' post='2127153']

If you want the look perhaps One Direction is going to be more your thing. I would take the music over the look anyday
[/quote]
That's unnecessary and rude. It's the kinda comment that's more at home on a UFC type forum. This place is chilled and happy please try and behave.

[quote name='Stacker' timestamp='1372576667' post='2127256']
I thought they were a bit guff, aksh, apart from Charlie who looked like was really enjoying himself for once! Mick Taylor looked lost or beweildered. Or both.

Anyone have an idea what that guitar Woody was using towards the end??
[/quote]
Agreed. Charlie always looked the oldest and now he's starting to look the youngest. Taylor looked like a competition winner. Ronnies guitar with the pearl guard was beautiful. I would love to own their guitars. Keef has the coolest guitars in the business.

Just catching a bit of the highlights over a late breakfast (gigging last night and didn't record it) on iplayer. Considering age and the band have long had a reputation for turning in some mediocre live performances as well as great ones it's really not that bad. They'd be screwed without Jagger though. Proper front man, it's not as easy as he makes it look.

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1372583058' post='2127332']
Just catching a bit of the highlights over a late breakfast (gigging last night and didn't record it) on iplayer. Considering age and the band have long had a reputation for turning in some mediocre live performances as well as great ones it's really not that bad. They'd be screwed without Jagger though. Proper front man, it's not as easy as he makes it look.
[/quote]

Me &a few pals discussed the best frontman. We all said its definitely mick. ;)

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1372544991' post='2127126']
Shoot me down but they sound like a pub band covering the Stones
[/quote]

Seconded. In true Glasto fashion, the set is now being heralded as the best thing ever.

However... Putting the disappointment and cynicism down a moment, that was a group of very old men putting on that show. I hope I can do half as much when my time comes. And I thought, for all it's faults, it was pretty light-hearted and crowd pleasing.

And I think we could have seen it coming, with hindsight - a set trapped between the age of the players, the memories of their past glories, and the corporate body of Glastonbury.

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1372546366' post='2127153']
If you want the look perhaps One Direction is going to be more your thing. I would take the music over the look anyday
[/quote]
[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1372580516' post='2127301']
That's unnecessary and rude. It's the kinda comment that's more at home on a UFC type forum. This place is chilled and happy please try and behave.
[/quote]

Ted Manzie seemed to take it good heart which was my intention, which is the reason for me choosing one direction as using them as an example. I never thought anyone would take me seriously . I keep forgetting the :gas: type of things. What is a UFC forum?

Edited by timmo

[quote name='Stacker' timestamp='1372583963' post='2127347']
It was the one with the reverse headstock, all yellow with a blue-ish gemstone-type thing behind the bridge.
[/quote]

Ah, that one - Versoul, made in Finland.

See: http://www.ronniewood.com/versoul.aspx

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1372582883' post='2127328']
Annoyed at the bbc , for not telling us what time they were showing them. Did they show a consecutive hour, or was it chop and change to other bands ?
Sounds like I haven't missed much
[/quote]

The time was well advertised, I thought..?

They showed an hour of their set, live as it happened (pretty much).

I thought it was OK. Not great. But then I've never quite got the Stones live experience. They always sound in a hurry to get back to their hotel.

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1372583058' post='2127332']
They'd be screwed without Jagger though. Proper front man, it's not as easy as he makes it look.
[/quote]

That sums it up for me Kev. He may not be the world's greatest singer but what he does he does with loads of charisma. Not many to beat him except Freddy Mercury. You have to admire the fitness of them man.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1372586978' post='2127381']

The time was well advertised, I thought..?

They showed an hour of their set, live as it happened (pretty much).

I thought it was OK. Not great. But then I've never quite got the Stones live experience. They always sound in a hurry to get back to their hotel.
[/quote]

What time did bbc show it? Was it red button? I saw craig charles introduce pubic enemy ,and switced over. Watched wallander, still no stones ...

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1372587722' post='2127388']
What time did bbc show it? Was it red button? I saw craig charles introduce pubic enemy ,and switced over. Watched wallander, still no stones ...
[/quote]
It was around 11pm start, but I watched it on the internet, so no idea about the red button bit.

Edited by timmo