Why become a member? ×

dave ellefson

bobbytodd

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1370434454' post='2100721']
Dave Ellefson seems to be very popular with the ladies on Basschat . Much more popular than me , in fact . I'm sure they will be along soon to fawn over him and his admittedly very impressive pick playing .
[/quote]

Here I am, a bit late to the party.
Is lovely Dave still here? :D

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1370520317' post='2102102']
I can't believe bluejay hasn't turned up yet! :D

Sylvia, have you seen what they are saying about our mate Dave? :o
[/quote]

She's probably with Dave right now , behind your back . You know what women are like . What do you think that recent trip to the States was all about ? A bit too much for coincidence , in my book . " I don't care if you've got a comb -over , Dave , I love you and your flawless pick playing unconditionally " . Don't get too upset , though - I 've seen the way that Peter Hook is looking at you in those pictures . Don't try and tell me he didn't try and give you his phone number so he could give you some in - depth one to one "tuition " . Well , now is the time to lower your standards and give him a call . Face up to it , this whole Dave thing is going nowhere fast . A lot like Dave's hairline .

Bit gutted I had to miss Megadeth's UK dates because of work commitments, I did see them last June at the Electric Ballroom and they were very good.
Big inspiration on my wanting to start playing a bass along with Steve Harris and Cliff Burton.

Just checked, Dave is 49 this year, not surprising his hair is a bit thin. I suppose there comes a time in every metal musician's life where they have to make a decision, do I go Kerry King or Kirk Hammet?

I've heard some negative reviews of Super Collider but it's still top of my want-to-buy list.

It's not so much the thinning that bothers me. It's that it's always looked like it's made of straw and he cuts it himself.

I love Megadeth, although I lost interest after Risk (which I actually still enjoy) but I made the mistake of watching a couple of recentish interviews with Mustaine and there ain't no way they're ever getting any more money out of me.

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1370526846' post='2102226']
It's not so much the thinning that bothers me. It's that it's always looked like it's made of straw and he cuts it himself.

[/quote]

In the world of hairdressing it's what's known as an " Arthur Scargill ".

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1370526846' post='2102226']

I love Megadeth, although I lost interest after Risk (which I actually still enjoy) but I made the mistake of watching a couple of recentish interviews with Mustaine and there ain't no way they're ever getting any more money out of me.
[/quote]

Mustaine has always been crazy though but he could do with keeping his big mouth shut from time to time.

KB - maybe check out The system has failed or Endgame if you like Megadeth's older material.

Risk was okay but definately not what you expect from Megadeth.

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1370524691' post='2102182']
She's probably with Dave right now , behind your back . You know what women are like . What do you think that recent trip to the States was all about ? A bit too much for coincidence , in my book . " I don't care if you've got a comb -over , Dave , I love you and your flawless pick playing unconditionally " . Don't get too upset , though - I 've seen the way that Peter Hook is looking at you in those pictures . Don't try and tell me he didn't try and give you his phone number so he could give you some in - depth one to one "tuition " . Well , now is the time to lower your standards and give him a call . Face up to it , this whole Dave thing is going nowhere fast . A lot like Dave's hairline .
[/quote]

Ha ha, this really made me ROFL :lol: :lol:

I'd settle for Peter Hook any day. A girl at my age can't be too fussy. ;)

Saw them in London last Thursday.

Dave E was as always excellent, Dave M slightly less so (seemed to be going through the motions a bit?).

I'm finding it harder and harder to differentiate between their later albums; they are all starting to sound the same to me.

Met Dave briefly at the first Bass Player bass day in NYC about 10 years ago: seemed like a sound bloke, very sensible and down to earth.