Why become a member? ×

Jaco`s Jazz bass. $45,000!!!!

Don`t know if anyone has posted this yet, if not well worth a looky!

[url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/JACO-PASTORIUS-JAZZ-BASS-1975-FENDER-FRETLESS-ORIGINAL-/151031567068?"]http://www.ebay.com/itm/JACO-PASTORIUS-JAZZ-BASS-1975-FENDER-FRETLESS-ORIGINAL-/151031567068?[/url]

The description and questions and answers are "intresting" :D

[b][i][color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]By the way, "milk creates mucus".[/size][/font][/color][/i][/b]

[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]He's certainly an interesting character..... [/size][/font][/color]

Wow! the Q&A section is entertaining. I haven't read anything so stupifying since that thread on here where the guy was trying to sell that hacked up Warwick with loads of crap painted all over it ... good value!

I wouldn't be surprised that it probably was given to him by Jaco. But it doesn't look like there's any way he can prove it. Interestingly ,although the trussrod will be adjustable at the body end, the neck has no trussrod plug up at the headstock end. Usually aftermarket and Fender necks do. Maybe it [u]is[/u] a luthier built bass....who knows.

But $45,000 is very, very optimistic.

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1366939530' post='2059320']
,although the trussrod will be adjustable at the body end, the neck has no trussrod plug up at the headstock end. Usually aftermarket and Fender necks do.
[/quote]
Neither of my Warmoth necks do nor does my Squier JV neck

Edited by Twigman

• 1 year later...

I just clicked the link to have a quick butchers - my horoscope said that I would 'uncover that which was missing and fulfil my existential precept', so I thought this was for me.

It was a really good horoscope too, cost me 7,000 Aussie dollars over the internet, but they told me it was refundable within 7 days if it didn't come true...