Why become a member? ×

Amp Repair Guy stole my Amp!!! Help!!

DanielMount

If anyone could offer some advice I would be grateful!!
My Little Mark Tube died about a year ago, and after looking round one guy came highly recommended. He was also based in Camden which is only ten mins from my place. Any way, a year later and I still haven't got it back. I have been phoning this guy loads on both home and mobile and he won't answer. I could occasionally get hold of him until christmas, but since then NOTHING!!!!
He works through one of Londons leading bass shops (Also based in Camden), but because i went direct they have nothing to do with it.

What do I do? Do I report it as stolen?
A year down the line and I'm really coming to the end of my tether!!

Yes, I'd go and knock on his door. I'd take a mate with me too as an observer.

[quote name='DanielMount' timestamp='1366130748' post='2048760']
Do I report it as stolen?
[/quote]

Who would you report it too? The cops will have nothing to do with it. He didn't steal it.

Have you got a receipt? If you have you could threaten him with legal action. If not, you're pretty screwed.

Hmm, no receipt. Very good point. [quote name='stoker' timestamp='1366132141' post='2048788']
Threaten him with the small claims court for the value of the amp.
[/quote] I suppose I would need a receipt for this as well? Looks like knocking on his door then! :unsure:

As above. Name and shame. Nobody needs this, and I'd hate for it to happen to somebody else. As for the amp, pay him a personal visit, take a friend or two with you and tell him he's going to hand it over immediately. If he refuses, you walk into his house and take it. If you can't find it, take his TV, his computer, any jewellery or valuables, and leave a big poo in his toilet :)

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1366233886' post='2050053']
As above. Name and shame. Nobody needs this, and I'd hate for it to happen to somebody else. As for the amp, pay him a personal visit, take a friend or two with you and tell him he's going to hand it over immediately. If he refuses, you walk into his house and take it. If you can't find it, take his TV, his computer, any jewellery or valuables, and leave a big poo in his toilet :)
[/quote]

This is ridiculous advice. Poo on his carpet.

I've had this chap fix a couple of amps for me in the past(seven odd years ago). I've given the OP all the details I have for him in the hope that it will help.
His service was impeccable with me, and he seemed like a really honest chap, so I'm hoping that there is an innocent explanation.

Report you amp as stolen (if you have the serial number etc) to the Police, then wait a day or so and get a mate to call the police to say a man at...........street is fencing stuff. When they investigate they see your amp and "Your Nicked!!!

[quote name='stoker' timestamp='1366132141' post='2048788']Threaten him with the small claims court for the value of the amp.[/quote]

This would be my first thought....

[quote name='bigjohn' timestamp='1366132142' post='2048789']Who would you report it too? The cops will have nothing to do with it. He didn't steal it.[/quote]

There might be a case of "Theft by misappropriation", but agree that without a receipt & if it got snotty it would be a tough one.

Though if someone else had a receipt off the guy, even if it was for a pack of strings, it wouldn't be difficult to "find the missing receipt" via photoshop.