Why become a member? ×

Basschat community kudos

Fionn

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1363980197' post='2020572']
Yep.

I've found them to be full of overly competitive types who are either 'better' than you in reality, and make sure you know it, or feel the need to be nasty if they're not.

Last time I browsed one I came away knowing that I was probably going to be carrying some of those people off of a mountain in the future and they wouldn't be quite as full of themselves then...
[/quote]

There are mountains in leicestershire? :gas:[size=4] [/size][size=4] [/size][size=4]Seriously this is a great forum, it is a testament to human goodwill and support.[/size]

[quote name='lowdowner' timestamp='1363985281' post='2020695']
Bass players are (usually) weird, individualistic, quiet, relatively ego-free, musical people... what's not to like? (or so I tell my better half all the time - he's not buying it though)

:)
[/quote]That's probably why he's with you. We're quite a catch. :)

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1363987440' post='2020725']
It is nice here, but all of you claiming it's because we're all bass players have obviously not been to that other well known bass forum very often.
;)
[/quote]
It almost seems like some people are suggesting we're all alike, though I'm sure that isn't actually what they mean. But one of the good things about this place is the variety of personalities and the interesting discussions that can arise from that. Occasionally threads can go tits up, but usually interesting discussions between people holding very different views can be had completely amicably, which is ace.
The one thing we all have in common is the Bass, and even in that we still have huge diversity in opinions and styles.

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1363989654' post='2020766']
It almost seems like some people are suggesting we're all alike, though I'm sure that isn't actually what they mean. But one of the good things about this place is the variety of personalities and the interesting discussions that can arise from that. Occasionally threads can go tits up, but usually interesting discussions between people holding very different views can be had completely amicably, which is ace.
The one thing we all have in common is the Bass, and even in that we still have huge diversity in opinions and styles.
[/quote]

I think it might be because when somebody antagonistic (in the wrong way) comes along, we nice stayed people, vaguely humour them for awhile, and when they refuse to stop, we ignore them. This doesn't happen in other places.
We are here because we like the atmosphere, and we refuse to let anybody f*** it up for us, this is a good thing, I love you guys

Yes I've been drinking.
:)

This is a great forum, love it.
A lot of the 'high numbers' posters seem to fall into one of two categories.

1. Middle-aged men who take themselves very seriously.
2. Middle-aged men who think they are comedians.

For me, the most entertaining part of Basschat is the interactions between these two tribes.

[quote name='Len_derby' timestamp='1364250626' post='2023985']
This is a great forum, love it.
A lot of the 'high numbers' posters seem to fall into one of two categories.

1. Middle-aged men who take themselves very seriously.
2. Middle-aged men who think they are comedians.

For me, the most entertaining part of Basschat is the interactions between these two tribes.
[/quote]

And I LOVE this place as I am a strange breed of poster..... An approaching middle aged (39, I'm not there yet am I? ;) ) woman who takes myself very seriously AND thinks I am a comedian! You should see me argue with myself :P

This is a fab place to be though..... Through this forum I have made some great real life friends, nestled under the wing of an awesome teacher, been able to feed my GAS addiction, joined a kick arse band and had some great times! There have been tears at some threads in Off Topic where members have had a hard time, there have been laughs when something funny has happened that someone needs to share, and my joke telling has nose dived since finding Bad Jokes!

This place rocks!

Edited by SpaceChick