Why become a member? ×

Finally - pics of my Warmoth gold sparkle '54 P bass

Delberthot

I had this bass made at the end of last year but its taken me ages to get round to taking some pictures of it.

I spent the best part of 3 years and 50 basses trying to find my perfect bass and realised that my own perfect bass had yet to be made. So I set about compiling the best parts of all the basses I had played and it came out as follows:

Body: Mahogany - nothng growls for me like this wood as featured in my 30th Anniversary Stingray and Thunderbird in the '54 body shape.

Neck: Wenge - one of the coarsest yet fast woods I have played which was on my Warwick NT5, P bass width and '51-57 headstock shape

Fretboard: Ebony - none more black and clear sounding. Just like my Bass Collection SB565 I specified this with no front dots.

Finish: Gold Sparkle - my Modulus Flea Bass had the silver sparkle finish and I though about doing something different.

Hardware: Gold Gotoh 201 bridge as used on the Flea Bass; Schaller machineheads as per my RICs and Stingrays, Gold Schaller straplocks, Optima Gold strings guage 45, 60, 80, 100; Hipshot string tree; Warwick JAN III nut; Warmoth gold compound frets; Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder SCPB pickup

Well enough of the yada yada, here she is:=

I'm really happy with the way it turned out. The sound is phenomenal. Really dirty and aggresive but can be tamed for some clasic tones.

A word of warning for others who are thinking about going down this route: I thought long and hard about what i wanted to achieve and the result was [b][i]exactly[/i][/b] what I wanted. If you get it wrong you'll get peanuts for it if you try to sell it (unless of course you like peanuts)

[b][/b]

• 5 months later...