Why become a member? ×

SOLD - 2011 Musicman Stingray Classic 4 Mint Green

Moog

**SOLD**

i guys,

I have a new bass incoming and so I need to shift this to pay for it! Therefore sale only, no trades thanks....

So, I bought this from new back in 2011 for a soul/disco band I was in, and we played [b]one[/b] gig. Ha. So it hasn't had much use at all, in fact I would say it's been played in anger less than a dozen times.

It's in fantastic condition with a great grain pattern on the neck. There's only a couple of marks of note, one being a slight 'graze' on the top horn, and a very slight scuff mark on the back/top of the headstock. I've tried to highlight these in the pictures but they are very hard to capture. The bigger mark on the headstock picture is purely the flash from the camera.

It comes with the Musicman hardcase, and also I've fitted a D-tuner on it, so the original tuner will be included as well.

Cheers

M.

Edited by Moog

Lovely bass.
Do you have the original screws for the original tuner? The D tuner mounting screw heads look big. Are they the same thread size? Would the original tuner still be able to be mounted with the original four screws?
Where in Suffolk are you based?

[quote name='Paul_1991' timestamp='1362385988' post='1999088']
Lovely bass.
Do you have the original screws for the original tuner? The D tuner mounting screw heads look big. Are they the same thread size? Would the original tuner still be able to be mounted with the original four screws?
Where in Suffolk are you based?
[/quote]

I can't remember exactly if I changed the screws or not - I'm not sure if the D-tuners come with separate screws, so I can't answer your question definitively. I'll check to see if I have any screws stored with the original tuner.

As for location I'm down in Sudbury.

M.

[quote name='Paul_1991' timestamp='1362385988' post='1999088']
The D tuner mounting screw heads look big. Are they the same thread size? Would the original tuner still be able to be mounted with the original four screws?
[/quote]

OK I've had a look at this - what you see in the picture are not actually the screw heads, but just rather the shape of the tuner where the screws would be located on a normal tuner. The screws are actually underneath in the mounting plate, they are not the same type of screws as they are of the countersunk variety. Without taking the whole thing off I can't tell you whether the thread sizes are the same or not I'm afraid.

M.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Would you be interested in a trade for a sonic blue CIJ 62RI Jazz plus £600? Pics below

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/127704-jazz/page__st__220__p__1802682#entry1802682

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1365083998' post='2035048']
Would you be interested in a trade for a sonic blue CIJ 62RI Jazz plus £600? Pics below

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/127704-jazz/page__st__220__p__1802682#entry1802682"]http://basschat.co.u...82#entry1802682[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks for the offer Clarky but I have my eye on something else, so need the coin....

I am after another ray this year, the gilded white or a coral red classic was high on the list, but this is a nice one, few months to early for me at the moment, sorry, would love to do a deal with you. Good luck though, very fair price to mate.