Why become a member? ×

bass line ear worm

sbrag

I've had the bass line to badge by cream stuck in my head for about a month for no apparent reason. I cant remember th last time i listened to it but do have to play it occasionally to get the ear worm to stop. Are there any other sufferers of random bass line ear worms.

[quote name='sbrag' timestamp='1361894391' post='1992602']
I've had the bass line to badge by cream stuck in my head for about a month for no apparent reason. I cant remember th last time i listened to it but do have to play it occasionally to get the ear worm to stop. Are there any other sufferers of random bass line ear worms.
[/quote]

The opening of The Fall's 'Bombast'. It gets stuck for days.

Yes! ALL the bloody time!

I find myself humming and tapping away to the lines in my head and it drives me mental! Always happens when I'm busiest and shouldn't be playing as much! I get on my girlfriends nerves all the time with it!

I've got the line to Play That Funky Music stuck today! I HATE that riff!

[quote name='sbrag' timestamp='1361894391' post='1992602']
[/quote]

I had that stuck in my head and couldn't remember what it was in the pub once. I hummed it to a mate who couldn't remember what it was either. He then went overseas for a few years and the next time I saw him he came over and just said 'Badge!'.

I've got a song that'll get on your nerves,
get on your nerves,
get on your nerves.
I've got a.... :lol:

Seriously though, I get this all the time, bass lines running through my head constantly distracting me from everything I do (Yep Love cats for me too, amngst others). The only [i]Cure[/i] for me is to go to a music shop and ask to try a bass at which point I draw a complete blank as to anything at all to play!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1361911243' post='1993033']
Safe From Harm - Massive Attack.

I find the only way to get rid is to play the line, invert it in some way, then use it yourself. :D
[/quote]
You bastard, that lyric was repeating in my head for four years. I managed to shake it off last year and now you've gone and planted it right back in there.

"I was lookin' back to see if you were lookin' back at me To see me lookin' back at you" aha aha....

I added the "aha aha" myself but it sets the timing up so it can be repeated infinitely without missing a beat aaaaaaaaaaaaggggghhhhhhhhhhh........

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1361913662' post='1993087']
"I was lookin' back to see if you were lookin' back at me To see me lookin' back at you" aha aha...
[/quote]

I don't see why I should suffer alone! ;) Actually I think the 'aha ha-ha' is on the recording, no? I'll check...

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1361913741' post='1993091']
Actually I think the 'aha ha-ha' is on the recording, no? I'll check...
[/quote]

No, it's ow-ow ow, at 3.35. But not on the previous two times. Funny how you remember things wrongly!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpim0FdylFA[/media]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1361913929' post='1993100']

No, it's ow-ow ow, at 3.35. But not on the previous two times. Funny how you remember things wrongly!

[/quote]
The "aha aha" fits do perfectly you thought it had been there all the time. Wow, maybe I should give Old tricky a ring and see if he wants to pay me for the idea. Lol

I get these on a fairly regular basis. Funnily enough, when I read the thread title, my first thought was 'Badge' - which was the first one mentioned when I opened up the thread and started reading!

They tend to be very random for me: currently Radiohead's 'The National Anthem' and John Lennon's 'Instant Karma': weird mix :o