Why become a member? ×

Expression.

steve-soar

[quote name='redstriper' timestamp='1360278029' post='1968145']
Agreed, I've been ganged up on by the BC massive before and it's very unpleasant - I notice a few of the same names are involved here.
Some people just like to put the boot in and they feel stronger with their gang in support.
Very easy on line, but I wonder how tough these people are face to face, one on one.
It's all a bit 'Lord Of The Flies' and quite unnecessary.
[/quote]
I had a 'to do' with a number who i considered to be the BC elite, it may include some of the names you mean, when i was a relative newbie. I found it far from unpleasant. It was pretty heavy and the thread got edited due to one of the kings requests, I think. I just stood my ground without being disrespectful, and i could have been as i know one of them tho i don't think they remember me. They were quite disrespectful to me, well they thought they were but i took it with a pinch of salt. The longer i've been here i've got to know a couple a little better tho i have no 'friends' on here yet. essentially they were hjust protecting their site and it's unwritten rules, which at the time was part of my argument (how they behave). But they really care about this place, i don't think it's personal or bullying. They just look out for each other.

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1360353864' post='1969307']
Sorry, did I miss something? I was too busy knitting a basket of kittens..
[/quote]

No, no..! Don't look..! Avert your delicate feminine gaze from the horrors that have gone on before..! :mellow:

([i]Quickly..! Smelling salts, someone... Oh, dear; too late, she's swooned again. Allergic to swede, maybe..?.[/i]..)

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1360359015' post='1969473']
No, no..! Don't look..! Avert your delicate feminine gaze from the horrors that have gone on before..! :mellow:

([i]Quickly..! Smelling salts, someone... Oh, dear; too late, she's swooned again. Allergic to swede, maybe..?.[/i]..)
[/quote]
'Tis only an attack of the vapours.Simply wave anything by the Brontes or Jane Austin under her nose and she'll soon be ok.