Why become a member? ×

This makes me happy! (endorsement content)

Ian Savage

[quote name='Waldo' timestamp='1359997778' post='1963249']
My first ever bass was a vintage musicman copy and after owning pretty much every bass under the sun since, I still wish I'd kept it :(
[/quote]

Shame I can't use that as my endorsee quote, I've been struggling to come up with a non-cheesy one for hours :P

That looks really nice mate! The vintage guitars/basses we used to stock when I worked in a guitar shop a few years back were a bag of s**t, that one looks really classy! The neck doesn't look like balsa either!

In short, it looks like the bass I wish I'd had when I started learning cos it's way better than the one my dad bought me!!

Good work. I've owned three Vintage guitars/basses---one of them was very nice indeed (ask McNach about that one...) and the other two were solid, decent budget instruments. My main issue with them is the name---"vintage" is a horrible name to google when looking for guitar gear!

Not sure I could ever be an endorsee of anything, though. I don't think I could keep a straight face when asked to do that moody "this is my bass and I rock hard" publicity shot :D

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1360141793' post='1965329']
Good work. I've owned three Vintage guitars/basses---one of them was very nice indeed (ask McNach about that one...) and the other two were solid, decent budget instruments. My main issue with them is the name---"vintage" is a horrible name to google when looking for guitar gear!

Not sure I could ever be an endorsee of anything, though. I don't think I could keep a straight face when asked to do that moody "this is my bass and I rock hard" publicity shot :D
[/quote]

+ 1 in everything, except for the 3 Vintage guitars/basses. I owned 4 :P

That Jazz, by the way... will never ever leave my side again. I have been using it a lot live lately (tomorrow, again!), although I have changed it a bit since I got it back from you. I restored the wiring to standard, and I put some better pickups that I had in my drawer (US Fender of some sort, came originally in the CIJ 75RI, which the original CIJ 75RI owner had removed and replaced with Nordstrands. I think the Fenders sound great!).

I owned a foxy looking Vintage P-Bass, got it second hand from The Bay but although it sounded good and was a good build quality for the price it had a bent neck and the truss rod wasn't doing anything to adjust it. I've since heard the truss rods on Vintage basses are a little suspect.
Was gutted because it was really nice.
Serves me right for buying 'blind' off e-bay i guess...