Why become a member? ×

Namm 2013

swanbrook

[quote name='ikay' timestamp='1359231424' post='1952035']
The Fodera Hollowbody caught my attention :o

[attachment=126080:Fodera Hollowbody.jpg]
[/quote]

That's not gonna be cheap!
Wonder how it sounds? Wonder what it's for? Wonder if Anthony Jackson will be able to get his arms around it?
Is there a role for such a beast between an electric, EUB and an acoustic?

From what I've seen on Talkbass it appears to be very disappointing so far this year.

In previous years the NAMM thread has been full of stunning photos of droll-worthy new gear. This year we've got some product shots from the manufacturers' web sites and a handful of mostly out of focus photos from the show itself. The only vaguely interesting looking stand was the Ritter one and I've already seen all his new instruments as I'm on the mailing list.

:-(

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1359292271' post='1952514']
From what I've seen on Talkbass it appears to be very disappointing so far this year.

In previous years the NAMM thread has been full of stunning photos of droll-worthy new gear. This year we've got some product shots from the manufacturers' web sites and a handful of mostly out of focus photos from the show itself. The only vaguely interesting looking stand was the Ritter one and I've already seen all his new instruments as I'm on the mailing list.

:-(
[/quote]

Sign of the times me thinks. By looking at some of the latest high prices by virtually all manufacturers, I think sales must be taking a tumble.

I too get the impression that there is less exciting new gear this year . The only explanation I can think of is the recession . People are beginning to realise that it's going to be a[i] very [/i]long haul to get back to anything like normal . I think these will get a few people excited, though :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESz0DAVYh9I

[quote name='visog' timestamp='1359280178' post='1952319']
That's not gonna be cheap!
Wonder how it sounds? Wonder what it's for? Wonder if Anthony Jackson will be able to get his arms around it?
Is there a role for such a beast between an electric, EUB and an acoustic?
[/quote]

If you can get your arms around the pile of cash neccesary to buy one of these then you will probably be able to get them around the bass !

I think what I have found most frustrating about NAMM (other than a lot of my friends and co-endorsers being there and that I couldn't be) is that a lot of companies seem to have released new products at NAMM, yet there's zero information out there about said items. I mean, what's the point making a big noise about the release if there's not at least a full spec to go with it? A video would be great!

Rather disapointing NAMM this year, the only interesting thing for me wasn't even a bass but Ibanez's new GRG7221 guitar, I've been looking for a cheap 7 to record some idea's without bugging somebody else to record the guitar parts, at under £200 this looks perfect.

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1359295887' post='1952583']
I too get the impression that there is less exciting new gear this year . The only explanation I can think of is the recession . People are beginning to realise that it's going to be a[i] very [/i]long haul to get back to anything like normal . I think these will get a few people excited, though :

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESz0DAVYh9I[/media]
[/quote]

Really fancy the '63 P-Bass in Sonic Blue or the Olympic White like Brian Wilson's old P!

I have to admit that the behringer looks like the nicer bit of kit there, but... you still wouldn't see me using a bloody Ipad live though. Nothing beats the feel of good quality faders and a tap in the wrong place on one of these with mess everything right up!

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1359295887' post='1952583']

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESz0DAVYh9I[/media]
[/quote]
So, the 58 comes with the mutes under the bridge cover. Did I hear that correctly at 1.28?

Edited by EssentialTension

[quote name='ikay' timestamp='1359231424' post='1952035']
The Fodera Hollowbody caught my attention :o

[attachment=126080:Fodera Hollowbody.jpg]
[/quote]

If I was paying the price of a small island for a bass I would want the body not to be made of two body blanks glued together. Ugh.