Why become a member? ×

Namm 2013

swanbrook

It's so frustrating watching all the exciting updates coming from NAMM - I have a lot of colleagues / musicians I work with over there enjoying themselves and I cannae be there too! Nyaaaarghhhh!!!!! lol

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1359069105' post='1949577']
It's so frustrating watching all the exciting updates coming from NAMM - I have a lot of colleagues / musicians I work with over there enjoying themselves and I cannae be there too! Nyaaaarghhhh!!!!! lol
[/quote]

If it's any consolation I hear it's raining :)

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1359066145' post='1949504']
The only thing of mild interest I've seen so far is Markbass's 'multi amp'. But seeing as their gear is pretty transparent I don't see the point :lol:

I'm eagerly awaiting to see what Zoom have up their sleeve!
[/quote]

I use a mark bass rig myself, I like the simple controls. I am not sure about the multi amp thing. It's cool to be able to get what's we sou d you want but
A) I do t have time in a gig
B) pretty sure I would be the only who would notice :)

That's not to say I so t be getting one for the gaff !

I've blogged about Ampeg's new 800W portabass head too, so check that out. The EBS Billy Sheehan Drive pedal has been 'reviewed' and I've posted a link in the pedal thread in the effects forum. I've also spotted Zoom's single pedal version of the B3, known as the MS-60B. I've posted a link in the effects forum too.

Finally, i was given this link the other day listing 170+ pedal releases for NAMM 2013

http://www.effectsdatabase.com/events/namm/2013?page=1

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1359184358' post='1951203']
Lakland's Geezer Butler P. :gas: :gas: :gas:
Brian from Lakland confirms there are no plans for a Skyline version :angry: :(
[/quote]
I literally went from elation to despair reading that post.

Edit:

I'm not wild about the pickguard - but that's easily changed, I do love the 5th fret inlay

Edited by Graham

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1359185217' post='1951204']

Edit:

I'm not wild about the pickguard - but that's easily changed, I do love the 5th fret inlay
[/quote]

I emailed last night, asking the question. I had a reply back within an hour despite them being busy in NAMM. Looking at various threads on here, Facebook and probably TB, I reckon they would be daft not to!!!

Not bass related but we have just launched these..... UK delivery around April.... Price is gonna be from £399ish retail and they vastly out perform the competition.... great bottom end too

[url="http://www.electrovoice.com/pressrelease.php?id=1484"]http://www.electrovo...ase.php?id=1484[/url]

Edited by crez5150

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1359185217' post='1951204']

Edit:

[/quote]

The first thing I thought when i saw this was "Those tuners look a bit weird." .. D'oh!