Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn: 1988 Warwick Thumb NT6 £1800

johnthebassist

I'm very reluctant to sell this beast, but I'm not sure I can justify keeping it either.

This is a very early, very rare Thumb 6 NT, only the 27th 6NT built and by Mr Hans-Peter Wilfer himself (I have an email from HPW to confirm this)

Specs:

Wenge neck (26 frets)
Tigerstripe ebony fingerboard
Bubinga Pommele body
Twin Bartolini soapbars
MEC 2-band EQ
small dot markers

The bass is virtually spotless, no dings or scratches. I've owned it since October 2012. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2u9eB5uRh4"]Here's a video [/url]of this bass in action:

As I said, very regretful sale. Please get in touch if you're serious.

Thanks

John

P.S image uploader isn't working in the office - will add pics shortly.

Edited by johnthebassist

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Kees_SoS' timestamp='1359850601' post='1961306']
Is this the one they had in the Bass Gallery a while ago? I played on it and it was something else.
[/quote]

Hey man - yes, it is. It's an unbelievable bass and I spent a fair bit of time being blown away by it in the shop myself.

[quote]Awesome stuff, any reason why you are moving it on so soon? Looks a complete beast![/quote]

Thanks! It really is a monster bass, but it's also very heavy - about 12.5lb. That said, I adjusted my strap back by a couple of inches last week and played two 45's with it on Thursday night...and it really wasn't so bad, so I might keep it yet. It seems insane to get rid of such a monumental instrument after lusting after it for so long. I probably wouldn't get a chance to own another one like it. Decisions, decisions...

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi,

String spacing is 16.5mm. I'm based in North Acton, West London.

I'm out and about right now, so I'll have to measure the neck when I get home. I don't have callipers to measure depth, but I can tell you that it feels flatter than the current basses.

If you'd like to visit the bass, that can be arranged. Decent cup of tea to be had, too.

[quote name='johnthebassist' timestamp='1387036139' post='2307659']
Hi,

String spacing is 16.5mm. I'm based in North Acton, West London.

I'm out and about right now, so I'll have to measure the neck when I get home. I don't have callipers to measure depth, but I can tell you that it feels flatter than the current basses.

If you'd like to visit the bass, that can be arranged. Decent cup of tea to be had, too.
[/quote]

Hi,

It's the string spacing that's most important, I can gauge the neck width from that, sounds about right. I'll have a think, though it was really a fretless that I was after :D .

Edited by ambient