Why become a member? ×

2013 Closet Classic Precision

discreet

• 2 months later...

[quote name='HMX' timestamp='1358168466' post='1934049']
Run for your lives!
[/quote]

OK, then.
I own this bass-It's the only one so far built. Those that order will receive in 6 months to a year.
I saw the bass at NAMM; the right to purchase it (Dealer) was raffled. (2) months after NAMM, and after FCS
used this
for catalogue shots, etc. I paid for & received it.
The comments;
Opinions are acceptable of course, have at it. If it's not your type OK then.
But the build, playability, and sound of this instrument is 110% World-Class.
If anyone thinks tht the Fender Custom Shop build leaves anything to be desired, think again. It does not.

Most all of the comments here do not warrant reply.
Think what you want,
this is by far one of the most astounding P-Basses ever built by Fender.

Good Day, gents- Off to enjoy it.

Edited by PrecPro13

[quote name='PrecPro13' timestamp='1364760773' post='2030630']
OK, then.
I own this bass-It's the only one so far built. Those that order will receive in 6 months to a year.
I saw the bass at NAMM; the right to purchase it (Dealer) was raffled. (2) months after NAMM, and after FCS
used this
for catalogue shots, etc. I paid for & received it.
The comments;
Opinions are acceptable of course, have at it. If it's not your type OK then.
But the build, playability, and sound of this instrument is 110% World-Class.
If anyone thinks tht the Fender Custom Shop build leaves anything to be desired, think again. It does not.

Most all of the comments here do not warrant reply.
Think what you want,
this is by far one of the most astounding P-Basses ever built by Fender.

Good Day, gents- Off to enjoy it.
[/quote]

If you like it that really is the only thing that matters , As the old saying goes , if you can only please one person then please yourself . It definitely does look like the old Squier Bullet Bass , though . I've got a feeling these will be very rare in future years , because I can't see Fender being inundated with orders for them .

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1357834618' post='1929272']
It would be very interesting to see the figures for how many of these they actually sell over the course of the year.
[/quote]

Looks like it's one, so far! :D

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1364769299' post='2030781']
Quite .
[/quote]
Yes, quite.
Quite inaccurate, that is!
IF you feel that this looks anything like a Squire or a Bullet, you are quite w/out clue.
Select Alder body, the neck is radiused and fretted to the highest level; and it feels and plays superbly.
Sorry chaps, you are collectively and individually as wrong as is possssible, I suggest you re-think or check your heads!
The way this instrument SOUNDS- with (2) SD FCS sc pups, wired vintage jazz-style, v-v-t, the RDS Bridge...

Really, you may have your thoughts as I do mine, the difference being for 2 days I have owned and played one of the best P-basses out of FCS...

Just maybe my opinion is a little more valid, eh??
And btw- there are several orders pending in shop at FCS Dealers for this bass. A few other dialed-in players get it.
If anyone was to actually SEE and PLAY this instrument- They would understand what it is- A fabulous FCS build, period.
I was assertive enough to acquire the first build, and I am EXTREMELY happy that I have done so!

Absolutely magnificent instrument; believe it.

...And off to plug & play some more!

[quote name='Green Alsatian' timestamp='1357848878' post='1929569']
This is more like it:

[url="http://www.fender.com/en-GB/basses/precision-bass/1951-relic-precision-bass-melon-candy/"]http://www.fender.co...ss-melon-candy/[/url]

Also available in aged Lake Placid Blue and Candy Tangerine
[/quote]

OOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

HAVE YOU SEEN THE PRICE ON THESE????

[quote name='PrecPro13' timestamp='1364772163' post='2030815']
Just maybe my opinion is a little more valid, eh??
[/quote]

I'm very glad that you're pleased with your purchase, and I'm quite sure it's as magnificent as you say it is.
However it's not for me, as I don't like the look of it.
That is my opinion, which is no more or less valid than your own. :)

[quote name='12stringbassist' timestamp='1364772630' post='2030823']
If it weren't for those weedy looking pickups, i'd like it.
[/quote]

LOL, how silly is that statement!
"Weedy" lookig Seymour Duncan '51 single-coils; vintage J-Bass wired no less!
What on earth propels someone to write something so inane??

"I'm very glad that you're pleased with your purchase, and I'm quite sure it's as magnificent as you say it is.
However it's not for me, as I don't like the look of it.
That is my opinion, which is no more or less valid than your own. :)"

True-BUT-
My posting was prompted by superficial and unwarranted slagging of what IS-regardless of whether you don't like it or I do-
a phenomenally World-Class built P-Bass by the Fender Custom Shop.
And if anyone here with an ounce of skill had this bass in their hands-Like I do!- They would absolutely see that what I am saying is true.
As to the '51, also awesome (with but 1 SC pup!) not my preference, but no silly -goose slagging from ME; It's a. GREAT Bass .
As to price-Less than what they post,and eminently worth it.
Eminently! (-:

I am SO Happy to have the first of one of the Best!

Goodnight, Chaps!

Edited by PrecPro13

I am going to stick my neck out here and say that I have got more than a sneaking suspicion that that this is that American bloke who seems a bit mental ( who i[i]s [/i]a bit mental ) who keeps joining Basschat and other bass -related sites and getting banned . Last week he was calling himself Redburst and posting in Off Topic . I recognise his writing style and the characteristics of his personality disorder . He's been banned from Talkbass too . I don't think he has bought one of these basses at all ( who would - they are f***ing awful , it's very hard to pretend otherwise ) . I think he has just scanned through some old threads to find something to try and wind us up about . I feel a bit sorry for the guy . He is fascinatingly weird though . I am looking forward to what he does next .

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1364818423' post='2031187']
Pics of him playing it or he is a faker then!?
[/quote]

That would be nice , but it will never happen .

Lets face it though , he's mental if he hasn't actually really bought one and he's pretending that he has . But then again , if I'm wrong and he has actually bought one , then he's even more mental ! Win - win situation ! I should have been a psychiatrist .

Edited by Dingus