Why become a member? ×

New Kit Richardson Music & Video - TRUST

xilddx

This is from our soon-to-be-released new EP. There are two more videos coming but they are professionally shot and edited. This one is a lighthearted fun one shot on a Go-Pro by Kit, starring the band, and some friends and fans.

I'd really welcome your thoughts.

We need to crack it this year and we are going to work hard to try to do that. Kit doesn't want to record any new music until we get some backing, we are out of money :(

I hope you like it!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS3xQwCQU9E[/media]

EDIT: You can actually buy this now from Bandcamp for 70p if you are impatient :)

Or you can wait till Feb and order the four song EP as download, or physical CD with free download.

http://kitrichardson.bandcamp.com/track/trust

Edited by silddx

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1357559766' post='1924361']
Great work Nige, really enjoyed that.

Found the vid very slightly distracting but that's probably down to watching at the the tail end of a migraine, :unsure:
[/quote]

Thanks mate, I also find it distracting, but I like it :)

Hope your migraine leaves you alone imminently.

Cheers!

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1357562295' post='1924434']
Like it, Nige. I think I get where the original concept came from ( ;) ) but I love what Kit's done with it.

Great lyrics too, well worth highlighting.
[/quote]

Think of all those horribly young people who won't have a clue Jack :o

Great song Nige, and lovely take on the old classic video. Good luck with cracking it this year.
Mike

Fantastic! Well on par if not better than the last one. Such a haunting voice she has ............ how are you pushing it so far?

However............... I wouldn't go back into that house until you get a builder in to check the walls; they're bulging like they're about to fall in! :unsure:

:lol:

Fantastic song once again! And a fun video.

Not sure about the mix - there was a tendency for the vocals to merge too much with the other instruments. I'm hoping that's a product of YouTube's horrible audio compression though. Looking forward to the EP, please put me down for a CD copy!

Thank you very much for the comments fellas!

BRX, it should be released this month. But maybe a little longer, Kit's rerecording the vox and synth on one of them as she wasn't happy with the sound. The mix has more clarity than the YT encoding, but I know what you mean and the vocal does blend with the backing in a couple of parts but that's how Kit wanted it.

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1357568500' post='1924589']
Fantastic! Well on par if not better than the last one. Such a haunting voice she has ............ how are you pushing it so far?

[/quote]

Stu, cheers mate! We will push big when the EP comes out in a few weeks or so. We've been offered a headline at a fabulous venue (Bush Hall in Shepherds Bush in London) and we are going to launch the EP there and hopefully get some industrial types to it. Hopefully we'll gig more this year and I'd love to play outside of London too.

Thanks again.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1357573751' post='1924688']
Really good, Nigel. Love the arrangement/structure of the song, good lyrics, and a great fun video.
Fingers crossed that things move forward this year!

ps, needs lots of slap bass
:ph34r: :lol:
[/quote]

Thanks for your lovely words man!

Erm, wrong Nigel :D

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1357577707' post='1924770']
Maybe the time is right for this kind of thing, you hear similar ish kind of stuff around in the mainstream. Female is so Hot right now!

But naughty, naughty Nigel shouldn't this be in the Recording section. Have you put it here cos no-one goes down there :D

Good luck with it moving forward!
[/quote]

Hopefully it will be mate, but I'd like to think it will be because the music is interesting, and that people will like it because of the songs, the sounds, and Kit's gorgeous voice - rather than big tits and high heels.

I don't think it should be in the recording section, simply because you're right, hardly anyone goes there, but also because we have a large bunch of Basschat followers who have been kind enough to buy the previous ep, so I'm in no way shy of putting it where they will see it, and hopefully they will like this just as much :)

I put my own sh*t in the recording section though ;)

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1357580261' post='1924817']
Hopefully it will be mate, but I'd like to think it will be because the music is interesting, and that people will like it because of the songs, the sounds, and Kit's gorgeous voice - rather than big tits and high heels.

I don't think it should be in the recording section, simply because you're right, hardly anyone goes there, but also because we have a large bunch of Basschat followers who have been kind enough to buy the previous ep, so I'm in no way shy of putting it where they will see it, and hopefully they will like this just as much :)

I put my own sh*t in the recording section though ;)
[/quote]
Ha ha, I wasn't telling you off and i wasn't saying Kit has big tits :lol: (I wouldn't know and it's probably best not discussing)
I didn't mean mainstream like katy perry and all that! I mean the talented ones, kimbra etc. (i'm rubbish at remembering names

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1357581459' post='1924838']
Ha ha, I wasn't telling you off and i wasn't saying Kit has big tits :lol: (I wouldn't know and it's probably best not discussing)
I didn't mean mainstream like katy perry and all that! I mean the talented ones, kimbra etc. (i'm rubbish at remembering names
[/quote]

:) I was making a general reference to female pop marketing rather than Kit specifically. Thanks for the clarification mate, I will check out Kimbra :)

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1357581956' post='1924848']
By similar ish i meant talent and quirkiness. Kimbra sounds nowt like what your doing. But she's a strong performer, female, quirky, incredible songs
[/quote]

I just checked her out and realised I'd heard her last year, she's a massive talent!

Nice one Nige, I genuinely love it! :)

Great track for starters. The Gillian Wearing holding up signs thing has been done loads, but it really works to good effect here and made me laugh/smile throughout. It looks like it was a load of fun to make and I like the fact it's dead informal and low tech - very much a part of its charm.

You mention that some professional vids are on the way, but to be honest I think this one has a lot of mileage in it. It's probably got better potential for going viral in my opinion - simply 'cos it's chock full of personality.

Anyway, keep us posted on it all mate.