Why become a member? ×

Adam Ant on Jools.

dave_bass5

I thought he sounded terrible. Very lacking in both tone and energy. On the plus side you could hear the baseline very clearly and I found it interesting to hear how it goes without the over the top 80's mix I'm used to hearing.
I quite liked the first song (no idea what it was) but felt the band were very disjointed and nervous looking.

I haven't watched Jools yet but I did get some free tickets to see Adam Ant live in 2012 at the Troxy in East London and it was a pretty good show, the most amusing part was seeing people in the crowd dressed still dressing as Musketeers, French maids ...

Watched it last night and enjoyed the whole of Jool's annual NYE show...

Having first watched Adam at The Marquee in January 1977 - when he was really very different to his 'Pirate' days and much grittier and more punky - last night brought to mind some of that early '70s spirit.. Especially as the last time I saw him live at The Scale in 2010, he was not really very together at all.

As a long-time 'Ant fan', it was great to see him back on national TV, him doing a few of his well known tunes and a new one too, and still showing that 'ridicule is nothing to be scared of'.. :)

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1357040554' post='1916572']
it was great to see him back on national TV, him doing a few of his well known tunes and a new one too, and still showing that 'ridicule is nothing to be scared of'.. :)
[/quote]
This. After all the crap he's been through in recent years I'm chuffed for him.
Roland Gift was good too. :)

Thought it was the best near years eve show for a long time, but would have loved to have seen mr ant with some ants instead of a backing band. Hard to believe the Hives have never been on a new years eve show before now, thought in some way's they made the show. Roland Gift still has a great voice, unlike Kevin Roland.

You've hit the nail on the head really, most people in they're 20's can get away with not having a great voice. But add another 20 odd year's on and its a struggle, only exception to the rule strangely enough to my ear's is mr lydon. Who i think sound's better now than 20 year's ago, well on PIL stuff anyway.

[quote name='thunderider' timestamp='1357050961' post='1916761']
i was trying to checkout adam ants bassests gear...thro blurred eyes!!! but kevin roland gift....2 of brums has beens!!! think pet clarke was a bit week too!
[/quote]

Petula Clarke did falter here and there, but I loved it anyway.
And she's 80 FFS!!!