Why become a member? ×

Portsmouth

Jimryan

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,
Just catching up. Been hanging around over in an alternate forum, but figured that linking up with other UK bassist was probably a good move. As for this thread, moved into Pompey bout 5 years ago. Trying ever so hard to get gigging locally! Joined a band beginning of last year called Citizen Unknown. Our singer left, so we recruited and changed to Kid Zero. Then our drummer left and some upstart rapper stole our name! So, next saturday, 23rd, I have my 3rd debut gig in the last year with Threesecondfool over in Eastney Cellars.

On another note, jimryan - you the guy from Mr Big Stuff? We saw you guys last night (couple huddled by the door as you loaded in through the revoloving doors)! Excellent set! I started out on blues and soul stuff, so got that sort of groove down fairly well, but never quite managed the disco 'bubbling' bassline.

[quote name='iamtheelvy' timestamp='1361091189' post='1980767']
On another note, jimryan - you the guy from Mr Big Stuff? We saw you guys last night (couple huddled by the door as you loaded in through the revoloving doors)! Excellent set! I started out on blues and soul stuff, so got that sort of groove down fairly well, but never quite managed the disco 'bubbling' bassline.
[/quote]

I sure am, really enjoyed playing all that last night, Glad you enjoyed it too. Yes, that revolving door was a pain, when we started using the side door and asked people to let us through with the gear, a few guys got quite jumped up about it.

[quote name='JamesBass' timestamp='1361096921' post='1980886']
I'm up in Purbrook, think a BC Portsmouth meet up would be a great idea, get a few pints in and chat about basses! Sounds like a perfect evening to me ;)
[/quote]

Game on.

I'm only in Farlington.