Why become a member? ×

How to add a picture to your post

Hamster

1. Open your post for editing - or do it when posting!
2. Then select 'use full editor'
3. Where it says 'attach files' - click on 'choose files'
4. That will take you to your PC so you can click on which file to attach -
you can only upload one at a time.
5. When it's uploaded - click on 'attach this file'

Repeat the process from step 3 for each photo.

If you have the photos hosted on something like photobucket or flickr:

1. Open your post for editing
2. Select the little green box below the smiley icon which reveals 'image'
when you hover your cursor over it - click it
3. Paste the URL of your photo file in the pop-up box

Repeat the process from step 2 for each image.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Help please

Trying to upload photos re bass sale

I select photo file from my desktop and "attach"

Program shows photo file name being uploaded to site on bar display, uploads
all MB (around 5MB) then shows a warning "! No file was selected for upload"

Have tried Basic and advanced uploader but same result.

Similar photos attach fine on flea bay ads - any suggestions ?

(I have managed to attach photos to basschat ads before without any problem
but I have run out of ideas on this one ...........................)

fretless

[quote name='fretless' timestamp='1354277426' post='1884325']...I have run out of ideas on this one ...[/quote]

Good afternoon, fretless...

Unfortunate, but I believe that you are not alone (I found the same difficulty...). There is another thread here recently where it is explained that, after the recent cyber attack, quite a few features of the forum went 'west', and this is one of them. There will probably be a 'fix' for this at some future date, but it could, apparantly take some time (read 'more time, even, than that'...), and the recommendation was to use only externally hosted pics, at least for now. Not splendid news, I'll accord, but that's how it looks for now, I think. Perhaps the admin or mods could confirm this, or possibly estimate a date for return of pic posting..? Anyone..? [size=3]Hello..?[/size] [size=2]Is there anybody out there..?[/size]

Hope this helps...

• 4 weeks later...

Good afternoon, all...

It seems that the 'Attach Files...' option has gone down again (message displayed that 'Error [b]No file was selected for upload[/b]' when 'Attach This File' button is used...). It may be just me, but I don't think so. Could someone have a look at it, please..?
Sorry for the inconvenience; thanks in advance.
Meanwhile...

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1356965029' post='1915714']
Having a site like Photobucket or the like host your photos also uses up less BC server space I understand.
[/quote]

Exactly. The photos are pulled from the Photobucket site each time a post that uses them is viewed. Much better for both server space and bandwidth as far as the Basschat server is concerned.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1356955607' post='1915491']
So use the Photobucket alternative solution described in the first post.
[/quote]
i've tried photobucket but it comes up with this message every time i try and upload photos in my listing 'You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community'.

I use a Mac and have tried both Firefox and Safari to upload from photobucket with no success.

Edited by BetaFunk

• 2 weeks later...

Here's how i do it, it's a very easy and direct way and no need to attach files to the posts. This works for all kind of photos hosted on the web but you need to be using Internet Explorer, on Chrome i still don't know how to do it and haven't yet tried on Firefox.

If the photos are taken by me i put them all on Picasa but sometimes i use photos i've posted on Facebook.

When i have the pic open in my browser either from picasa, facebook or any other website i click with the right button on it and then choose "Properties". this will open a info window where you can find the pics "URL Address". simply select and copy that address and use the Image insert button on the forum to embed that image on your post.

I found this after doing a bit of research trying to find a way to post picasa images on forums so that i could stop using imageshack and photobucket.

Hope this helps, if i haven't explained very well please ask and i'll try to complete my reply.

cheers

i believe you don't need to be a FB member if you do it like i explained. I'll make an experiment, i'll upload a pic to my FB and even set it as private and i'll embed it in this post so people see if they can see it or not:

Here it goes:

Can everybody see it? Even people without FB? Here's the link for the pic in my profile so you can see that it's locked for viewing: [url="http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.411366528942774.97189.100002082901234&type=1#!/photo.php?fbid=411366642276096&set=a.411366528942774.97189.100002082901234&type=3&theater"]http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.411366528942774.97189.100002082901234&type=1#!/photo.php?fbid=411366642276096&set=a.411366528942774.97189.100002082901234&type=3&theater[/url]

Cheers