Why become a member? ×

How to add a picture to your post

Hamster

OK. That means that the way you make links to Facebook hosted images has changed for the better.

There have certainly been times in the past when I've been confronted with what looks like a completely blank post here on Basschat, due to the fact that all the content came from Facebook.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1358530519' post='1941016']
OK. That means that the way you make links to Facebook hosted images has changed for the better.

There have certainly been times in the past when I've been confronted with what looks like a completely blank post here on Basschat, due to the fact that all the content came from Facebook.
[/quote]

This has been working with any image a find on the net. Another example, again just right-clicking on your avatar image, selecting properties and copying the address shown then pasting it on the "Image" option on the forum:

I didn't even had to leave this page ;)

Edit: same steps but with Basschat's header on top of the page:

Edited by Ghost_Bass

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1358513802' post='1940568']
Here's how i do it, it's a very easy and direct way and no need to attach files to the posts. This works for all kind of photos hosted on the web but you need to be using Internet Explorer, on Chrome i still don't know how to do it and haven't yet tried on Firefox.

If the photos are taken by me i put them all on Picasa but sometimes i use photos i've posted on Facebook.

When i have the pic open in my browser either from picasa, facebook or any other website i click with the right button on it and then choose "Properties". this will open a info window where you can find the pics "URL Address". simply select and copy that address and use the Image insert button on the forum to embed that image on your post.

I found this after doing a bit of research trying to find a way to post picasa images on forums so that i could stop using imageshack and photobucket.

Hope this helps, if i haven't explained very well please ask and i'll try to complete my reply.

cheers
[/quote]

OK, here's my facebook URL test:

Great that its fixed. Good work chaps.

But ...
I'm having avatar problems. I uploaded a new profile pic yesterday from my iPad, which all went fine, but now it's displaying rotated. I tried uploading a slightly different pic, and now on my profile I see the new version (the right way up), but everywhere else it's the old version, rotated wrong. Is that just a cache issue? How does it look to everybody else?

[quote name='mart' timestamp='1359488319' post='1955587']
Great that its fixed. Good work chaps.

But ...
I'm having avatar problems. I uploaded a new profile pic yesterday from my iPad, which all went fine, but now it's displaying rotated. I tried uploading a slightly different pic, and now on my profile I see the new version (the right way up), but everywhere else it's the old version, rotated wrong. Is that just a cache issue? How does it look to everybody else?
[/quote]

Hi mate

Try Cntrl+f5 and that'll refresh the image.

[quote name='mart' timestamp='1359493801' post='1955762']
That's gonna be kinda tricky on the iPad. ;)
Still, all seems ok now. Or has someone been fiddling around under the bonnet?

In any case, thanks! :)
[/quote]

If Safari on the iPad works the same as the MacOS version simply using the reload page command will force it to ignore any cached files and get new files from the server.

• 3 weeks later...

OK , as a quick thread hijack, I can do photos by any number of methods just fine , but I just can't seem to do the embedding of you tube stuff and such , I want to embed the BCbass relay map , the code is on the links of the map , but its beyond me , I tried embedding this stuff before but no joy , Is there enough space left in this thread or does the answer deserve its own .

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1361404822' post='1985643']
OK , as a quick thread hijack, I can do photos by any number of methods just fine , but I just can't seem to do the embedding of you tube stuff and such , I want to embed the BCbass relay map , the code is on the links of the map , but its beyond me , I tried embedding this stuff before but no joy , Is there enough space left in this thread or does the answer deserve its own .
[/quote]

All you do with YouTube is copy the URL of the page you are looking at in YouTube and paste it on the page where you want it to appear.

The forum software does the rest for you. :)

Ah :rolleyes: I didn't realise it was THAT complicated :blush: , thanks for the pointer

I have to think of another question now , that goes along the lines of embedding a google map in the forum. I shall have a quick shuffty before I ask it though , there maybe some clues in the youtube method

• 11 months later...

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1361413433' post='1985711']
All you do with YouTube is copy the URL of the page you are looking at in YouTube and paste it on the page where you want it to appear.

The forum software does the rest for you. :)
[/quote]

Any chance of the same for soundcloud? or just the ability to tag [soundcloud] and [/soundcloud] would be great... pretty please. :)

[quote name='OldG' timestamp='1392551606' post='2369889']
Any chance of the same for soundcloud? or just the ability to tag [soundcloud] and [/soundcloud] would be great... pretty please. :)
[/quote]

I'm not sure that Soundcloud is a supported embeddable.

We have got an impending forum software update and I've been keeping a list of little 'tweaks' that it'd be nice to implement, so consider that added to the list. :)

[quote name='OldG' timestamp='1392621930' post='2370618']
Thank you... :D

linkage to save you looking - [url="http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/3025-soundcloud-audio/"]http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/3025-soundcloud-audio/[/url]
[/quote]

Crikey - I love it when people ask for stuff [b]and[/b] do the leg work as well. :)

Ok.. on further investigation it seems that linked widget is flash based - and therefore could be a problem for slower connections to view.
Apparently the HTML5 version is muchly better - but I can't seem to get access/permission to the link on the IP board...

[url="http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/5359-souncloud-html5-bbcode/"]http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/5359-souncloud-html5-bbcode/[/url]

[quote name='OldG' timestamp='1392709570' post='2371749']
Ok.. on further investigation it seems that linked widget is flash based - and therefore could be a problem for slower connections to view.
Apparently the HTML5 version is muchly better - but I can't seem to get access/permission to the link on the IP board...

[url="http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/5359-souncloud-html5-bbcode/"]http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/5359-souncloud-html5-bbcode/[/url]
[/quote]

It's swings and roundabouts really.

Flash based widgets can take a little more bandwidth but not every browser treats HTML5 the same way.
The YouTube widget we use is Flash based and seems to work reasonably well.

[quote name='OldG' timestamp='1392713048' post='2371786']
Excellent!, I'm hoping I'll be able to embed in my signature - as well as in posts... sound ok?
[/quote]

Technically yes, although we have had some comments about the size of some peoples signature files, so we will quite possibly be taking a look at that at some point in the future.

• ped unpinned this topic