Why become a member? ×

Chas n Dave, talented boys & another Yamaha BB player!

iconic

Great doc' on last night, Chas and Dave's last orders, never knew what a history these two have, and what talented musicians!

Few clips showing Dave Peacock playing a yamaha bb, seems the 69 fender p took a rest for few years in the early 80's?

Should be on BBC Iplayer I guess if anyone interested?

I was on a summer show with them two [Three - Mickey 'Take a back seat'] back in the 90's.
Got quite friendly with them, and had a go on that P Bass a few times.
Oh................and they taught my how to get pissed proper like.
Dave is a very solid player.
Great geezers and very charitable.

Garry

Edited by lowdown

Chas's daughter Juliet was the keyboard player in one of my old bands about 20 years ago. She joined the band and we didnt know who her dad was until she said we could rehearse at her house. Her dad looked vaguely familiar. All her family were lovely people - really friendly.

We used to rehearse at his cottage/barn in Essex and his wife would make us tea and toast at 1 in the morning. I remember sitting in the front room one night after a practice and noticing a bass propped up in the inglenook fireplace. Had a look and it was a really old precision that was all scorched and bowed - probably worth a few quid if he wasnt using it as a poker. The house was rammed with musical history.

Chas and Dave used to kick us out of the barn and move in with a crate of cigars and brandy for a week when they were writing. They would emerge when a new album was written and we were allowed back in.

Absolutely gutted I missed this , I'm on tour in Europe so I can't even watch it on iPlayer. My all time favourite band, it's so unusual to hear English bands singing in their own accents and directly referencing their own culture. I've been singing Dave Peacocks praises for years what a player.