Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anyone else get the feeling....

pst62

[quote name='oldslapper' timestamp='1350309040' post='1837069']
Aren't JV squires quite sought after, blimey someone could get a bargain?
[/quote]

Yeah, the cynic in me thought a dodgy neck plate etc.
After 5 pages of feedback, mainly toys, you may well be right oldslapper :)

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1350309951' post='1837093']
Yeah, the cynic in me thought a dodgy neck plate etc.

[/quote]

I wondered that, but he only mentions the JV serial in response to a bidders question. Presumably he would have mentioned it in the ad if he knew what a JV was worth?! And he would have stuck it on a whole bass!

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1350342130' post='1837704']
ooooohhh someone get this! I could tell what it is just based on the first picture- nevermind seeing the serial.
This possibly suggests I've spent too long reading about JV squiers.
Buy it for the neck if nothing else!
[/quote]

I have an eye on this one too, mine is one of the very early sen ash ones with the flatter boards, this would make a nice sibling for it!

I think a lot of people twigged that it's a JV - just seeing the tort plate on it got me thinking it was a JV, and judging by the questions a lot of others were thinking the same thing. And since he's added the serial number it'll show up on saved searches of the text.

So probably not quite the bargain it might have been. It'll be very interesting to see what it eventually goes for. £650? Maybe more, as people can get a bit silly and mentally take possession of hidden 'bargains' like this.

Edited by Musky

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1350337555' post='1837624']
Cheers Pete, I had beedy eye on this one. Now it seems every bass player in the country is bidding on it. Lol. :D
[/quote]
Sorry mate, but I'm guessing someone else woulda pointed it out sooner or later if I hadn't.

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1350374344' post='1837840']
I think a lot of people twigged that it's a JV - just seeing the tort plate on it got me thinking it was a JV, and judging by the questions a lot of others were thinking the same thing. And since he's added the serial number it'll show up on saved searches of the text.

So probably not quite the bargain it might have been. It'll be very interesting to see what it eventually goes for. £650? Maybe more, as people can get a bit silly and mentally take possession of hidden 'bargains' like this.
[/quote]
I wouldn't go higher than £400 on this. No pups, the seller hasn't a clue what it is or what state it's in. Lot of unknowns here. £400 would be a good buy.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1350395281' post='1838209']
I wouldn't go higher than £400 on this. No pups, the seller hasn't a clue what it is or what state it's in. Lot of unknowns here. £400 would be a good buy.
[/quote]
You could well be right, I'm just guessing based on the a cost of maybe £100 for a decent set of pickups and pots. It looks fairly tidy but the changes would destroy the value for a collector. We'll just have to wait 5 days to see. :)

i noticed it too, but t the back is pretty battered and the plate is A/M and it has no pups, no knobs or wiring, Its basically just a body and neck, albeit a nice neck probably and thats assuming it isnt twisted. I think £205 (its current price) is about right for the risk and additnans needed. Its certainly not a "real" JV any more, IMHO.

[quote name='Twigman' timestamp='1351045105' post='1846636']
Are you sure?

it looks remarkably like my JV 62P pickguard which i know is genuine cozI've oewned mine from new.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing, it looks exactly the same as my old JV did.
Apparently the way to tell is to see if the neck heel has been re-drilled,
I read years ago that the JV neck heel holes don't match up with later Squier Korean or Chinese bodies.