Why become a member? ×

Musical listening test

dincz

If you've got 20 minutes to spare, it might be interesting to find out how much better (?) bassists perform on this than the general public - although to be fair, there's probably a high proportion of show-off musicians who've taken the test so far.

http://www.delosis.com/listening/home.html

28/27 from me.

From the discussion of results and Amusia after you complete the test, it seems that the average is approx 25/25, so speaking as a nerd, a lot of bass players would have to get very high scores to show a statistically significant difference from the 'general public'.

Edited by RalphDWilson

Appears the first part is tonality and the second part is rhythm? although i found it hard to concentrate after about 15 in the second part.

[b]Thank you for your participation. You scored 27 out of 30 on the first test and 26 out of 30 on the second test.[/b]

[quote name='gapiro' timestamp='1349784088' post='1830404']
Appears the first part is tonality and the second part is rhythm?[/quote]

That's what it seemed like to me, as well.

25 out of 30 in each section, although there was a bit from around 20-25 in the second part that I lost concentration on!

Oh, and that fake piano tone they use! Jeez, could they not have picked something more palatable to listen too? It just grates on my nerves.

[quote name='RalphDWilson' timestamp='1349767138' post='1830111']
28/27 from me.

From the discussion of results and Amusia after you complete the test, it seems that the average is approx 25/25, so speaking as a nerd, a lot of bass players would have to get very high scores to show a statistically significant difference from the 'general public'.
[/quote]

There's not much room at the top for exceptional ability. I guess they scaled the test to focus on disability rather than ability.

[quote name='Earbrass' timestamp='1349797095' post='1830660']
26 and 28 for me.

That rubbish "piano(?)" sound starts to grate pretty quickly though - surely they could have found something better?
[/quote]

26 and 28 for me too.. but at the end I was just wishing it would end...

Edited by mcnach