Why become a member? ×

September Composition Competition - VOTING TIME!!!!

charic

Has it released whoever voted for him's vote?

The poll says 14 members have cast votes, but if you add up the totals there's only 13 votes now that tacsi has been removed.

BTW I've cast my vote. Lots of great compositions. Good thing I didn't listen to any of them first as I might not have bothered with mine.

[quote name='redstriper' timestamp='1348600537' post='1815874']
Sorry, sorry, sorry...I cheated :unsure: My band is called Tacsi and I linked to a song we wrote last year, it wasn't written this month.[/quote]

Ha ha, well at least you're honest! I thought the song had been inspired by the picture, especially as it had lyrics about cold water, or something (or was it cold sea? Or cold tea?? I can't check as I'm at work, but it was something watery...). Nice track anyway; I really like it.

PS: genuinely stoked that I have 6 votes! Cheers folks, that's warmed my cockles on what is an otherwise crappy day :)

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1348671762' post='1816756']
PS: genuinely stoked that I have 6 votes! Cheers folks, that's warmed my cockles on what is an otherwise crappy day :)
[/quote]

I don't think there's a bad track out of all the entries (which makes it a hard choice), but I think you have a very accomplished track that fits the theme well.

Good work people - while not all of a similar standard the effort and imagination here is all to be highly commended - well done everyone.

I voted for the one I liked the best - I liked it because it was quirky and musical at the same time... and had a cool groove too :)

Time permitting I'll see about making a track for the next one of these - great to see this stuff happening here chaps

M

I must admit - after Nige's poke :P I've had a fair listen to them all & what an inventive lot you are :lol:

I saw the photo first of course, which set a preconceived sound trail in my head, so right or wrong I think I've voted for the soundtrack that came closest to my mind set.

Very good ;)

Wow! I'm stunned :blink:

Thanks to everyone who voted. I really enjoyed this challenge and it's given me the confidence to try new things with my music (not least singing!), which can only be a good thing.

Cheers to Charic and everyone who took part. And to Silddx and Bluejay for the last minute plugging. And... yeah I'll stop now.

This month's photo is up:

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/188167-october-composition-competition/

Not sure if it's everyone's cup of tea, but I'm hoping it offers a change of pace from September's more serene image.

Cheers y'all :drinks: