Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bergantino HD410

shizznit

I have some time to kill this afternoon, so I am going to pop up to Bass Direct in a bit to check out the Berg HD410 he has in stock. Mark is confident it's going to be spot on for my playing style, tone and demand.

I'm pretty confident I will like it too as I love the old AE cabs and I tried the HD212 with my EBS Reidmar the last time I visited...that was a fantastic pairing!

Anyway, testing any cab or amp in a shop doesn't always give a true reflection to how it will perform in the real world. Are there any BC members that do own a HD410 that can give me any feedback about how it holds up during a performance acoustically and power wise? I'll be using my EBS amps through it.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1347281581' post='1798754']

True! Not heard these new ones yet.

Must admit my amps and cabs are pretty much spot on now so I tend to look at basses which is also now getting to the 'ive got enough' stage.
[/quote]

you must be getting old. It will be children next :lol:

I bought 2 of the HD 2 X 10 cabs from Mark earlier this year and stuck a GB STL9.0 on top. As chris b has said, no difference in sound from the shop to the venue. I use one of the 2 x 10's (8ohm) for rehersals and pair them up for gigs (less lugging around) and the 2 x 10's are more manageable than the 4 x 10. Added bonus is more air to push and the rig is taller than the 4 x 10 so closer to my ears. Fantastic set up, really happy with the rig. I've never lifted the HS cabs but believe they were lighter.

I bought one of the first HS410's that Mark got in stock (well before he had the shop). It's the only cab I've
plugged into where I just had to buy it. I later tried the AE series,but didn't like it as much as the HS.
I've used a few different amps with it,and it has always sounded great. Tons of power handling and very
clean. The biggest downside,for me,is it's weight.I've definitely used heavier cabs,but it's still heavy enough to
be a ball ache loading it into the car......but it sounds so good that it's a trade off.

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1347360174' post='1799700']
I didn't make it over to the shop yesterday due to impromptu plans by my missus to spend some time celebrating our anniversary! I will get over there on the weekend to try the cab. Thanks for all your comments guys.
[/quote]

A 5 minute delay is hardly a justification for not going bass shopping!

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1347360355' post='1799703']
A 5 minute delay is hardly a justification for not going bass shopping!
[/quote]

Hehe! She came back home early and arrived as I was packing up my amp to take over to Bass Direct. Total surprise!

I tried the HD410 in the shop with the shuttle 9.0 when i bought my HD212 and i thought it sounded huge. I have gigged its predecessor the HS410 and it was unbelievabley loud, clear and deep.
I wish I had never sold it.
I can only imagine that the HD410 is just as brutal on a gig as the HS just a little bit more high mid content than the HS.
Mark is a great guy, i never buy from anyone else now!

I have read some reviews from some owners that use the HD410 with an EBS amp and swear by that pairing. The EBS cabs are very good, but from what I have read the amps come alive even more with a Berg. I'm not one for blind purchasing without trying out the kit first, but I might on this occasion (saves me the trip to Warwick anyway!).

Edited by shizznit