Why become a member? ×

Bill Gould

andy67

They were neck and neck with the Chilis until Under the Bridge then it was game over. So unfortunate as MIke Patton is vastly superior a singer to Anthony Keidis. Loved Jim Martin on guitar as well

I still love FNM and listen to them regularly.

Here's a Chuck Mosley tune sung by MIke and one of my earliest memories of FNM from Expo 92 or something like that

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8iukAh9wl0[/media]

Edited by Delberthot

Faith No More on 'The Real Thing' tour was my second ever gig - following closely after my first ever gig being Anthrax on the 'State Of Euphoria' tour at the tender age of twelve. When you're twelve years old and hoisted high above the mosh pit - life truly couldn't get any better.

Always loved Billy's lines and that tone. What a combination of Mike Bordin on drums and Billy Gould on bass. All good.

Another Billy Fan here.
Saw them twice on the Real Thing and Angel Dust tours*.

I love his playing.
Here he is dressed as bee
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cadMn4GO9Hs[/media]

As an aside, if I could sing like anyone it'd be Mike Patton (not that this clip is a good example to use of him).

*when tours were actual tours and not just 2 massive gigs in London and Manchester

Edited by bartelby

[quote name='andy67' timestamp='1347063590' post='1796726']
I saw them at Edinburgh Corn Exchange a few years back and they were awesome! Would dearly love to see them again!
[/quote]

It's Bill's tone and physicality that i love. He's a great musician but he has a way of playing that I love. i saw them at the Venue in Edinburgh in 87-88 Introduce Yourself tour with Chuck, and then Network (Tollcross) in 1990 on Real Thing tour (I am sure Sepultura supported??). I saw them many times again including some of the best gigs ever at the Barrowlands. It was great to see them again at the Corn Exchange in 2009.

Edited by RichF

Can anyone tell me what bass Billy has at 3:00 in this. I'm pretty sure it's one of his Zons, but this is the one with the odd frets.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPuNLlhrLT0[/media]

Found a nice 75 min live video:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-WvTieSyEI[/media]
(keyboard issues at the beginning)

Edited by bartelby

I've been a big fan of FnM for donkey's years now. I saw them support Guns n Roses at Gateshead Stadium back in 91 or 92 (can't remember which year!) and they were fantastic. Billy Gould is up there with Geddy and Flea as one of those bass players that made me want to play bass.

[quote name='Delberthot' timestamp='1347057597' post='1796679']
They were neck and neck with the Chilis until Under the Bridge then it was game over.

[/quote]

In terms of mainstream success, maybe. I don't consider the Chilis to be anywhere near FNM's level of musicianship and originality.

Billy Gould though - great. His tone on 'King For A Day...' is just incredible. If anyone asks me to define bass 'growl', it's right there.

The first band I properly became a 'fan' of and my first influence on bass.

Finally got around to seeing them in 1997, shortly before they split up.

Got to see them again when they reformed at Brixton Academy in 2009 and they were absolutely blinding.

There'll always be a special place in my heart for Faith No More.