Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Stolen bass

Bassist on the Run

So some toss pot has stolen my bass,,,
I've had my house burgled and the f***ers cleared me out!! I had a fender aerodyne and I loved it
It was set up to my need I wish they'd just left me with the bass:(

Anyways if anyone has a bass they don't want or a tv for that matter lol I'd really appreciate it I have a very very tight balance as I had no contents cover..... I know I know how silly!! I teach bass in my local area and gig most weekends this is my main income so I hope the f***ers that have my bass burn in a fire!!!!

Please message me if you can help or have a really really really really cheap bass

Cheers

The worst part is the fact that the toss-pot who stole it probably has no real appreciation of the memories, hopes, and joys of the history of that bass - they just see it as something they can sell for a few quid down the pub...

My blood's boiling just thinking about the injustice :(

Still, a good thing to remember is that all of the experiences, and skills, and music, and poetry of your playing that bass is still in your head and hands, and with a new bass you can pour it all out again into the instrument and it'll be a new, but still comfortably familiar, relationship again.

Don't suppose you had a note of the serial number anywhere? You should report it to the police and keep an eye out on ebay, gumtree and local cash converter type places. Some proof of purchase would be good too, whether you bought it from new or used, in case you need to start throwing some accusations around.

Chances are they won't know anything about it and will just try to flog it asap.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='bramleyapple' timestamp='1349170064' post='1822567']
Thanks for all the concern guys!

i have my bass back no damage it was in the local crack converter store i had proof of purchase and photos of me playing it.
also a distinct dink on the back where i chiped a little of the paint off!!!

happy shes come home to daddy!
[/quote]

A happy ending, hurrah! :D

Wow! Got the whole story, end to end, in one sitting. One thing my 22 years of working with offenders has told me is that most of them are entirely predictable. If it is stolen today, it will be at Cash Convertors tomorrow along with a video of the offender selling it to them.

Glad to see the bass found its way back to you.

Anyone in Bristol seen my GK MB150S and SWR Baby Blue cab? (Stolen in 1994)

Before I read to the end I was just going to say "pop down to the local Crack Converters and pick your stuff up" :unsure:

It's a joke but it's now... how is that store still operating when they appear to do nothing but buy stolen goods. At least you know where to go when your stuff gets nicked I suppose...

Edited by thepurpleblob