Why become a member? ×

Just pulled the trigger on a Streamliner 900 & Barefaced Super Twelve!

thebrig

I've gone and done it, I pulled the trigger on [b]Genz Benz Streamliner 900[/b] (£661 at Nevada Music) on Monday, and received it yesterday (Tuesday).

And today (Wednesday) about fifteen minutes ago, I ordered a [b]Barefaced Super Twelve[/b] to go with it.

I've now started the long countdown to receiving the cab, and I can't wait to link these two beauties together, and shake the sh*t out of our very loud guitarist. :laugh1:

[b][i]Is it really only 20 minutes since I ordered the cab? :([/i][/b]

[quote name='Jesso' timestamp='1345651735' post='1780058']
You'll have a bit of a wait though for the cab I'm afraid..... best thing to do is just forget you've ordered it, otherwise you'll be watching the doorbell like a man obsessed.
[/quote]
It's only about a hour into the wait now, and I'm already checking my emails to see if it's been dispatched yet.

Seriously though, you are right, I will just have to put it out of my mind.

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1345652981' post='1780085']
Paging 'legoman', paging 'legoman'. Someone who is very interested in finding about this particular combination!
[/quote]
It will be at least 6-8 weeks before I can review it I'm afraid!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1345652981' post='1780085']
Paging 'legoman', paging 'legoman'. Someone who is very interested in finding about this particular combination!
[/quote]

Ha ha I hear you brother!!

As The Dood knows, I'm coming at this from the other way having been a Barefaced Super Twelve owner for the last couple of months, but still looking for the ideal lightweight head to go with it and the GB stuff interests me no end. The BST is an amazing cab, especially for its weight and size and makes a welcome break from lugging around less powerful yet much heavier 4x10s.

At the mo I've resorted back to my Ashdown EVO II 900 head (which weighs much more than the BST cab!) and have recently tried out the Class D version of the EVO III in the form of the Ashdown ABM 1000 with my BST which sounds just as good without weighing a ton, but would love to know if the GB Streamliner 900 can produce the same depth and warmth that I can get with my old trusty EVO II. I've seen the stuff on YouTube which suggests it could, but as ever it's down to how the pudding tastes.

I've tried a number of lightweight heads so far but nothing comes close to the tone I like from the EVO II + BST combination so I hope Alex goes into overdrive at Barefaced and gets your cab to you sooner rather than later!!

Nice choice IMO, this is my current rig too and am very happy with it, both with my Stingray 5 and NSCR5 upright. Light, loud & lovely! Treat yourself to some earplugs if you don't already have a set, you'll need them

6-8 weeks should be a doddle compared to my wait of nearly 4 months earlier this year :-/

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1345669653' post='1780367']
I hope you do really big loud gigs, 'cos I have the STM 6 & S12T and that's [i][b][size=8]LOUD!!![/size][/b][/i]
[/quote]
Most of our gigs will be just average size pubs and clubs, but occasionally we play larger venues where it's nice to have a bit in reserve to call on, and that's why I see this as the ideal set-up, as it's light and compact enough for the smaller venues, but when you need a bit more, it's there all in one box!

[quote name='thebrig' timestamp='1345707117' post='1780638']
Most of our gigs will be just average size pubs and clubs, but occasionally we play larger venues where it's nice to have a bit in reserve to call on, and that's why I see this as the ideal set-up, as it's light and compact enough for the smaller venues, but when you need a bit more, it's there all in one box!
[/quote]Sounds similar to mine, which was why I went with the lower powered one. The S12T is so efficient that seems to be more than enough. For bigger gigs I always have the back up of the PA.

Be interesting to hear how you get on with the more powerful version.

[quote name='thebrig' timestamp='1345707117' post='1780638']
[/quote]

I used the Streamliner 600 and BF Compact at my last gig. Most of the controls were at 12 o'clock except the master volume (and mids, but thats another story), which was around 10 o'clock. That was in a pub with a sound guy supplied (Golden Fleece in Chelmsford, if anyone knows it) who put everything through the house pa - DI'd the bass, miked up the drums and the guitars. It was LOUD - too loud for the gig imo but there was a lot more to give.

Be interesting to hear how the 900 gets on paired with a S12 - that is going to be shockingly loud.

• 4 weeks later...

Just ordered a GB Streamliner 900 from Nevada Music to go with my BF Super Twelve but I gotta wait for it to come in stock, so will hopefully have it sometime next week. As soon as I get it I'll let you all know what the two are like together if The Brig hasn't done so by then!