Why become a member? ×

Nate mendel signature bass

Icunningham

Just had a look via google, on FFs page there`s a shot of this, and of a Chris Shifflet Tele. Really like the look of the Nate bass though, I saw an interview with him on Youtube, and the tone he was using was awesome, really old-school Precision/Ampeg. V nice!

He's getting around is Nate! Got an effects pedal on the way too by the looks of it...
[url="http://www.gak.co.uk/en/ashdown-stacked-actor-bass-distortion-nate-mendel-signature/59941"]http://www.gak.co.uk/en/ashdown-stacked-actor-bass-distortion-nate-mendel-signature/59941[/url]

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1343998527' post='1758438']
Great player, a once great band, but does he really deserve his own sig?
[/quote]

True point, never had him as a popular bass player as he's a bit unknown so to speak. Still looks to make an interesting bass, I guess he's a lot more popular in the states than here

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1344078562' post='1759448']
MIM P bass, rosewood neck, BAII? Sounds a bit like my precision :lol: (I added a quarter pounder too).

Can it be the charic signature bass instead? :lol:
[/quote]

Surely that would up the price though :lol:

He used an early 70s precision for years and I think he swapped over to Lakland for touring to look after the Fender.

The whole AIDS denial thing really bothers me too, particularly as he seems to be the one in the band most involved in it. And especially as musically, he's one of my biggest influences these days.

I read about this bass quite a while ago (BGM?).

Nate went back to Fender before they recorded the last album and has also been touring with Fenders. I hope that clears up the Lakland issue.

Apparently, the neck will be the most 'signature' thing about the bass. Back when his bass was made ('73?) the necks were planed by hand and therefore varied a great deal. Nate's neck falls directly between a Jazz and a Precision in terms of nut width and profile.

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1343998527' post='1758438']
Great player, a once great band, but does he really deserve his own sig?
[/quote]

Fender are just getting in there before anyone else. Foo's are easy to market, just look at the continued MTV association. I'm sure Warwick or some similar brand would have snapped him up eventually.
He's a fantastic bassist IMO but I preferred his tone when he used the Laklands. Of course he'll be using both at gigs as he presently does.

[quote name='sixdegrees' timestamp='1344254114' post='1761691']
I read about this bass quite a while ago (BGM?).

Nate went back to Fender before they recorded the last album and has also been touring with Fenders. I hope that clears up the Lakland issue.

Apparently, the neck will be the most 'signature' thing about the bass. Back when his bass was made ('73?) the necks were planed by hand and therefore varied a great deal. Nate's neck falls directly between a Jazz and a Precision in terms of nut width and profile.
[/quote]
That's cool, I really liked his tone on Wasting Light, though a lot of that will be the all tube Ashdown (I assume from the sleeve) he used