Why become a member? ×

OMG!! I'm in a band too!!

SpaceChick

Had a jam tonight with a local band.... And I'M IN!!

It was awesome!!! I had soooooo much fun!!!

I am officially the new bassist for Not a Jukebox :D

The band are cool.... The drummer and lead guitarist are both 60, the lead singer/Rhythym guitarist is in his 40s, then there's me on bass in my late 30s.

Top bunch of guys and I'm sure I'll learn tons from them. The drummer was pleased with how we kept Rhythym. For many of the tracks I just played around root notes tonight (I only had sight if the 25 song set list on Sunday and had never heard of some of the songs) but I did have a few "golden numbers" where I had rehearsed more complex bass lines :D

Next practice is next Tuesday and it can't come quick enough.

Hey Debs - I've just found some info about your forthcoming appearance :D

[b] ‘Not A Jukebox’ Perform Live![/b]
[color=#363636][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]
Ex Welsh Guardsman Darren Evans, who has a son currently serving in the regiment, will be holding a charity night along with his band ‘Not A Jukebox’ later in 2012, in aid of the Appeal. Details will be posted here as soon as a date has been confirmed. Darren has also writen 2 songs which will soon be available on CD. The first, ‘Never Forget Them’ was written after the last tour and is dedicated to the 7 Welsh Guards who made the ultimate sacrifice. The second, ‘My Demons’ is dedicated to those who have suffered since returning home, including his own son, and those whose demons made their lives too difficult to bear.[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='debwilliams' timestamp='1341958591' post='1727188']
Hey Debs - I've just found some info about your forthcoming appearance :D

[b] ‘Not A Jukebox’ Perform Live![/b]
[color=#363636][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]
Ex Welsh Guardsman Darren Evans, who has a son currently serving in the regiment, will be holding a charity night along with his band ‘Not A Jukebox’ later in 2012, in aid of the Appeal. Details will be posted here as soon as a date has been confirmed. Darren has also writen 2 songs which will soon be available on CD. The first, ‘Never Forget Them’ was written after the last tour and is dedicated to the 7 Welsh Guards who made the ultimate sacrifice. The second, ‘My Demons’ is dedicated to those who have suffered since returning home, including his own son, and those whose demons made their lives too difficult to bear.[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Yep that's us!! We are getting in the studio in a few weeks to record the tracks!!
Darren is a good bloke and a real life hero in my eyes :D
It's looking like that charity gig may be our first gig, but we are hoping to get in a cancer charity gig before hand.

Wow, seeing that in print is a bit scary Deb, trust you to find that!!! :lol:

I'm a "proper" bassist now..... And I'm already thinking my Peavy amp may need upgrading sooner rather than later!!

What is it with all these chick bass players muscling in on the bass action ;) no only joshing , well done and have fun that's the main thing ! I have to pinch myself sometimes as can't believe how lucky I am to have found a local band and am out gigging again :)

[quote name='norvegicusbass' timestamp='1341991661' post='1727406']
My above reply looked a bit sparse and lacklustre [/quote]

A bit like my playing! :blush:

Congratulations! Bass players belong in bands. Have fun! :)

[quote name='gub' timestamp='1341990958' post='1727384']
What is it with all these chick bass players muscling in on the bass action ;) no only joshing , well done and have fun that's the main thing ! I have to pinch myself sometimes as can't believe how lucky I am to have found a local band and am out gigging again :)
[/quote]

LOL! Yep, us chick bassists are taking over the world :lol:

I've got a huge grin on my face today (to accompany my tintinus! Thanks to Discreet for the ear plug recommendation - ordered online for next week!).

I continue to be apprehensive as their last bassist was a retired pro with 40 years experience, so I am NEVER going to match up. However, I am going to work my socks off and be the best I can be. I just hope and pray that he won't want the gig back, as its my band now! I love it, love it, love it!

The drummer is awesome and we really had a groove going. The guitarist was really supportive on giving me chords on songs I didn't know so I could jam a bassline and the singer is just a really top friendly guy and has a great voice.

Can you tell how excited I am, I doubt the NHS will get my best work today as I'm walking on air in a haze of euphoria! Who needs drugs hey!

Edited by SpaceChick

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1341959183' post='1727209']
Yep that's us!! We are getting in the studio in a few weeks to record the tracks!!
Darren is a good bloke and a real life hero in my eyes :D
It's looking like that charity gig may be our first gig, but we are hoping to get in a cancer charity gig before hand.

Wow, seeing that in print is a bit scary Deb, trust you to find that!!! :lol:

I'm a "proper" bassist now..... And I'm already thinking my Peavy amp may need upgrading sooner rather than later!!
[/quote]

Congrats, and a great excuse for the dreaded GAS.