Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

Kev

Darn...I've got to say, I was trying to keep it in the "BC Spirit" (Am the only idiot who believes in this??) to sell it for a really decent price when I could have got more for it - bit of a shame to see this, really.

[quote name='Mike' post='184713' date='Apr 24 2008, 06:08 PM']Darn...I've got to say, I was trying to keep it in the "BC Spirit" (Am the only idiot who believes in this??) to sell it for a really decent price when I could have got more for it - bit of a shame to see this, really.[/quote]

yeah i know what you mean mate......ive let quite a few things go for less than i'd ideally want because it was going to someone here on basschat!

but.........i suppose its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it!?

ive got to say it does look like a great bass!

:)

good luck with the sale kev :huh:

With the amount you complain about other people's prices in for sale threads, this one represents true comedy gold.

If you're serious about want to sell, I'll pay the price you paid and not a penny more.

Edited by Toasted

[quote name='ste_m3' post='184728' date='Apr 24 2008, 06:37 PM']My only suggestion would be that if you think you can get mroe money on ebay for it, then thats exactly what you should do. Wheres the community spirit eh! we're basically beating inflation with this place! :)[/quote]

+1 to that

QUOTE (ste_m3 @ Apr 24 2008, 06:37 PM)
My only suggestion would be that if you think you can get mroe money on ebay for it, then thats exactly what you should do. Wheres the community spirit eh! we're basically beating inflation with this place!

Yup.

Edited by johnnylager

[quote name='johnnylager' post='184747' date='Apr 24 2008, 07:12 PM']QUOTE (ste_m3 @ Apr 24 2008, 06:37 PM)
My only suggestion would be that if you think you can get mroe money on ebay for it, then thats exactly what you should do. Wheres the community spirit eh! we're basically beating inflation with this place!

Yup.[/quote]

Yup +1
...I'm truly staggered to see this....I know without exception that the Jazz Re-Issue i got of a certain Mr Cougar would without doubt have gone for more on Evil Bay.....I think this is a bit poor really...

[quote name='BassManKev' post='184663' date='Apr 24 2008, 05:04 PM']i know i will get that on ebay, but id like it to stay in the community as its a special bass[/quote]

TBH, I think that BassManKev is entitled to advertise a higher price if he wants to. Market forces will dictate whether or not it will sell. Although I don't think it was wise to try to use the "stay in the community" line whilst doing so.

Edited by s_u_y_*

If I bought something off someone here a few years back for 700 and in the mean time the market for that brand had dropped so they were going for 500. To keep it in the 'community spirit' would you still pay me 700 for it?

If you wanted to buy my bass I would want more than the value i payed for it, not as it is worth more generally but as it is worth more to me. I would say that Kev can decide how much its worth to him.
If you make him an offer and he says he wants more then form your own opinion on the fella and how he enters into community.

I hope this thread doesnt get out of hand like others have when it comes to how much somebody should sell something for. The bass belongs to Kev and as such he can sell it for however much he wants and if someones willing to pay the asking amount then fair enough. But I do think profiteering (spelling?) doesnt do anything for the spirit of the basschat community and I cant see it selling for more than it was paid for by Kev.
I recommend it goes on the bay if you hope to make a bit extra.
Good luck with the sale it s a funky looking bass :)

Just my thoughts...but buying something for a "good price" here, and then putting it up again at a profit (with presumably little addition or improvement?) in a short time is bound to upset a few people, especially the original seller.

I look on this site as one for enthusiasts, and trading gear is about trying out stuff or getting hard to find things from like minded people who know what they're talking about. The real benefit is learning from others, and not having to always pay "retail" mark ups just to try out something different.

If you're after top dollar, then try your luck on EvilBay, and deal with the great bargain hunting uninformed - I'd much rather take less for my stuff, but deal with people who know what they want and will enjoy using it.

Maybe I shouldn't think so much...

BB

BassBod i know exactly what you mean, Ive wanted a bongo sinse i started playing bass all those years ago, and i got a cracking deal on it here, almost half the RRP, But ive recently discovered its not the bass i thought it would be! No worries, Ill move it on here, not lose any cash, maybe make a trade yaknow!

If id have bought it new, then moved it on either on here or on ebay man, would i be sore!

[quote name='steve-soar' post='184724' date='Apr 24 2008, 06:35 PM']Seems to be a lot of this thing about lately. I'm waiting for some news as regards pickups I bought and PAID for last night.
Check the EMG JV's in the other items section.[/quote]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=16162&pid=184777&st=0&#entry184777"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry184777[/url]

[quote name='Toasted' post='184721' date='Apr 24 2008, 06:28 PM']With the amount you complain about other people's prices in for sale threads, this one represents true comedy gold.

If you're serious about want to sell, I'll pay the price you paid and not a penny more.[/quote]It's a lovely bass and I don't know how much Kev wants for it or how much he paid for it but I do know that I have met some great folk on here and done some great deals buying and selling gear. Maybe Kev will rethink his price.
Everything that goes around comes around.

What irks me somewhat is that when I listed several basses a while ago, Kev missed getting one or two of them due to late PMs and they going quickly (as I think I had priced them extremely competively) and he sent me grumbling messages about how he never gets the good deals etc, and practically forced me to PM the seller to ask him to change his mind!

When he leapt on this one I sold, he seemed genuinely delighted - it's a shame it hasn't worked out for him, but I also think it's a shame that a profit is being made.

Saying that, I have a Ken Smith I got a cracking deal on (not in this, or the BT & BW communities) that frankly I couldn't sell for what I got it for, so I suppose we might all be guilty of it. If I were in a high-powered job, and money not an issue, I'd love to be in a position to give someone a great deal. Unfortunately, as a struggling musician & music teacher with a mortgage, I can't do that. However, I'm happy to take a slight hit to be able to sell a bass at a decent price to keep this great sale forum alive - with the added bonus of shifting one's gear promptly!

Regards

Mike