Why become a member? ×

Concerned my boobs are too big for this :(

toneknob

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1341421705' post='1718786']
This has sent me into a complete feminist frenzy, and I'm having to breathe into a paper bag right now!! :o

Have we achieved nothing, sisters??
[/quote]

I suspect that it wasn't a woman that crafted that ad somehow seashell.

Let's face it though, having chosen the bass as an instrument I doubt us females on here are girly girls ;)

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1341420809' post='1718764']
im going to apply - its got to be better than Job Seekers Allowance FFS - i hope they dont have any bucks fizz type skirt ripping stage antics :o

well if nothing else I can put it on my JSA job search sheet for next time i go to sign on ;)

NURSE .... the screens please
[/quote]

Can I come to your audition please Steve?

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1341425498' post='1718863']
...should also add that I have a large arse and large gut which accompany my boobs...[/quote]

Bonus!

Have we achieved nothing, sisters?[/quote]

I thought you were doing it for yourselves.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1341409813' post='1718524']
Doesn't that breach employment law on the grounds of being a) sexist and B) ageist?

Just saying...

Of course, I'm a bloke in my 30s who's about 8lb too heavy, with nay titties at all, so it might just be me being a bit grumpy.
[/quote]
There are exemptions if it's considered essential for the job. Being a girl is fairly important requirement for a girl band. :)

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1341425617' post='1718868']...Let's face it though, having chosen the bass as an instrument I doubt us females on here are girly girls ;)
[/quote]
Damned..! Another illusion dashed..! Life is unfair..!

[i][color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]"We carry a touch of masculinity and [b]carelessness[/b] in image and voice, the lead singer carries a low toned voice which requires similar expectations for backing vocals"[/size][/font][/color][/i]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Not enough carelessness to stipulate [i]exactly[/i] how they want the bassist to look and sound then. Reading that description, it sounds like their singer can't sing - it's not Elastica reforming under a different name is it?[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]I'm out anyway as I meet none of the criteria - I haven't even got a bloody bass now! Bah![/size][/font][/color]

This has sent me into a complete feminist frenzy, and I'm having to breathe into a paper bag right now!! :o

Have we achieved nothing, sisters??
[/quote]

Of course you have.

...it's not easy to find paper bags these days.......

:P

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1341425617' post='1718868']

I suspect that it wasn't a woman that crafted that ad somehow seashell.

Let's face it though, having chosen the bass as an instrument I doubt us females on here are girly girls ;)
[/quote]

I dont feel particularly girly inside. But my genes have provided me with a curvaceous figure and a thin warbly singing voice. Maybe I'm playing bass to compensate!! Lol :-)

I don't know. I think drumming would probably be regarded as less "girly" (whatever that means). I personally think girls who play the bass are fantastic; can't stand those ridiculously long fingernails or anything. It's all just crap really, let's face it though, this is not the first band ever to be obsessed with their image. They even admit in their ad they are more bothered about getting famous than actually playing music they like. Well good luck to them.

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1341431638' post='1719025']
Yes, I have been having to do it for myself lately...[/quote]

I find that both tragic and erotic.

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1341432052' post='1719040']
...my genes have provided me with a curvaceous figure and a thin warbly singing voice.[/quote]

Better that than a thin warbly figure and a curvaceous singing voice ...or something. :unsure:

Edited by discreet

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1341431638' post='1719025']
Yes, I have been having to do it for myself lately...
[/quote]

I strongly suspect that you've just posted that to the wrong forum...

...meanwhile lickmylatex.com is floundering while they try to work out what the hell a P Bass is... :lol:

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1341432652' post='1719059']

...meanwhile lickmylatex.com is floundering while they try to work out what the hell a P Bass is... :lol:
[/quote]
this has just banished my midweek blues !

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1341432652' post='1719059']

[/quote]

Tee hee :-)
I meant putting the bins out and changing light bulbs, obviously !! :-)

I would say this...

[quote]A small bust and an average to skinny figure (Has a look that could fit into the band drawing image) [/quote]

Needs to be reworded to

[quote]A couple of fried eggs and an anorexic to bulimic figure (Has a look that could fit into the band drawing image) [/quote]

to fit the "band drawing image"...