Why become a member? ×

I'm in a Band!!

seashell

Optic Nerve - and I was 17. I couldn't believe anybody wanted to pay me for what I liked doing most. I still can't sometimes.

Playing live has been - and is - a massive part of my life. I can't remember what it feels like not to play gigs. I'm now much nearer the end of gigging than the start but these 33 years have been great. Making music with other like minded folk is just a brilliant thing to spend your time doing - if others can be entertained by your doing that........... well , I've yet to find anything as satisfying .

Sadly - there's a far greater chance of your band falling out and wanting to kill each other in a few months than there is of long lasting harmonious joy and pleasure for all but don't worry about that. This is the start of a new journey , and if it doesn't last there's no need to regard that as the end.

And don't you dare stand at the back.

[quote name='Thurbs' timestamp='1341321439' post='1716958']
It is really good news you have found a band and you are happy with it.

One slight note of caution, I have always found it best for me musically when I join a band and every member is miles better than me. Yes it is daunting and you feel uncomfortable but ultimately you will pull you socks up harder, practice for longer and make the journey to their level much quicker.

I guess it depends on your ambition and goals.
[/quote]

Aah you're right. But that will be the next step (I hope!).

[quote name='Dr.Dave' timestamp='1341321938' post='1716975']
Sadly - there's a far greater chance of your band falling out and wanting to kill each other in a few months than there is of long lasting harmonious joy and pleasure for all but don't worry about that. This is the start of a new journey , and if it doesn't last there's no need to regard that as the end.

And don't you dare stand at the back.
[/quote]

I'm used to showbiz fallings out, don't worry. You wouldn't believe what's going on with my so-called comedy group at the moment. All sorts of tantrums and flaming e-mails going round!! :lol:

I'm not going to let them make me stand at the back 'cos I'm much prettier than the rest of them, lol :lol:

And so it begins. Good for you!

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1341322761' post='1716992']
I'm not going to let them make me stand at the back 'cos I'm much prettier than the rest of them, lol :lol:[/quote]

Well-known fact, hot chick with bass allows a band to have 10 fluffed intros and a trainwreck ending. It's the law, sort of like carbon offsetting.

[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by skankdelvar

Brill news ! It can be so nerve racking , I felt the same when I went for my first audition after a 18 year break , turns out they were at the same sort of level as myself so all that panic for nothing!