Why become a member? ×

New Fodera in the house

molan

That is gorgeous! Too many knobs and switches for me but undoubtedly a fine piece of craftsmanship and I'm sure it plays and sounds great. Fancy getting a clip or two uploaded for us poor folk who could never even dream of owning one? :)

[quote name='B-string' timestamp='1340697353' post='1708118']
IMO don't like painted necks but this looks stunning :)
[/quote]

I see this statement quite a lot, so what exactly is wrong with painted necks? Personally I don't have any problem with necks painted or unpainted so long as 1. The neck matches the body and 2. the neck finish hasn't been so lightly applied that you can still feel the rougher wood.

And BTW that Fodera shows how a great neck to body transition should be done in both shape and colour.

Edited by BigRedX

String spacing is standard 19mm at the bridge but it's a J type neck profile and nut width of 1.5" as opposed to Fodera's morew usual 1.625" on a 4 string.

I'm not sure what the finish is but it certainly oozes class :)

Here's what Fodera said about it when it went in to be 're-furbished'

"[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We don't build 'em like this anymore! It has been quite a number of years since a Custom Shop Fodera has been built with a colored finish (in this case Tobacco Burst), but every time we see one of them we love the way the instruments seem like a synthesis of old and new.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the tone department, this Monarch Elite has got that punchy, articulate 70's vintage vibe in spades. Of course with our onboard Custom Shop Preamp, you can dial in exactly the right sound no matter what gig you are out on...and have we mentioned that this Monarch Elite is a joy to play??[/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1340705727' post='1708236']
String spacing is standard 19mm at the bridge but it's a J type neck profile and nut width of 1.5" as opposed to Fodera's morew usual 1.625" on a 4 string.

I'm not sure what the finish is but it certainly oozes class :)

Here's what Fodera said about it when it went in to be 're-furbished'

"[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We don't build 'em like this anymore! It has been quite a number of years since a Custom Shop Fodera has been built with a colored finish (in this case Tobacco Burst), but every time we see one of them we love the way the instruments seem like a synthesis of old and new.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the tone department, this Monarch Elite has got that punchy, articulate 70's vintage vibe in spades. Of course with our onboard Custom Shop Preamp, you can dial in exactly the right sound no matter what gig you are out on...and have we mentioned that this Monarch Elite is a joy to play??[/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][/color]
[/quote]

it must be quite good if you build basses of consistently high quality, cos every so often you will get one back a few years old and get the "flip we made a good one there" vibe.

Lovely looking thing. but as someone who's owned a fair few basses... we want a better review!

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1340711500' post='1708369']
You mean they don't have a house EACH? :o
[/quote]

I will own up that I'm feeling very lucky, and a little bit humble, today.

Sitting next to me in my study are three Fodera Monarchs, a Ritter Cora, an Alleva Coppolo RA & two pre-CBS Fender Jazzes (one of which isn't mine!). . .

Luckily I have a good insurance policy that covers them all!!

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1340711779' post='1708374']
I will own up that I'm feeling very lucky, and a little bit humble, today.

Sitting next to me in my study are three Fodera Monarchs, a Ritter Cora, an Alleva Coppolo RA & two pre-CBS Fender Jazzes (one of which isn't mine!). . .

Luckily I have a good insurance policy that covers them all!!
[/quote]

Well sitting next to me is a programmer and a can of 7up :lol:

Lovely collection :D

What an absolutely lovely burst - very rich and tasteful. I too love the transition from heel to neck - beautifully executed. It looks more poly than nitro to me (but it's not easy to tell from on-line photographs). The birds eye board is fantastic too - the figuring looks extremely dense: nice to have the 1.5" nut (for me at least) - unfortunately, my Fodera had extremely wide spacing.

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1340714781' post='1708436'] Obligatory Foderas on the sofa shot, in age order from left to right :) [/quote]

Very nice, Molan. I'm very envious. I've wanted a sofa like that for a while :lol:

The basses aren't too shabby either :)

Interesting to see the difference in the top fret positions in relation to the body. I would have thought they would be similar despite being neck through. The finish doesn't do a lot for me... but that fingerboard sure is tasty. Nice collection.