Why become a member? ×

Fender jaguar Olympic white bass for sale

Louis.m

I do love that you came back :D

Seriously, if you are at all bothered about actually being a member on here, beyond trying to make this sale, pop a thread up in introductions, say hi and you might actually realise this is a good community for bass players...

[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1339938913' post='1696468']
I do love that you came back :D

Seriously, if you are at all bothered about actually being a member on here, beyond trying to make this sale, pop a thread up in introductions, say hi and you might actually realise this is a good community for bass players...
[/quote]

+1. Well said that Man. I think if Louis and his sale are the real deal, then we should put all jibes to bed and let him get on with it

[quote name='Louis.m' timestamp='1339959843' post='1696871']
It's on eBay as the buyer read all the comments, basically 8 pages of you lot having a go, and told me he didn't think it was a good deal anymore
[/quote]

Really? :blink:

I dunno I prefer a bass if it has a story behind it :lol:

I live in south east London, near Greenwich. You can come have a look if you want, I'm only selling it because I don't play anymore. I only played casually with my mates, and stopped playing when I went to uni.

[quote name='Louis.m' timestamp='1339961316' post='1696917']
I live in south east London, near Greenwich. You can come have a look if you want, I'm only selling it because I don't play anymore. I only played casually with my mates, and stopped playing when I went to uni.
[/quote]

Bloody hell that's a nice bass you bought for casual playing!

Be careful... if you hang around long enough you'll eventually withdraw the sale, start playing again... And end up buying MORE basses :D

It's on eBay as the buyer read all the comments, basically 8 pages of you lot having a go, and told me he didn't think it was a good deal anymore
[/quote]

Louis. You've got a nice looking bass there at what seems a pretty decent price. But you are never going to endear yourself to anyone on this forum or another by telling folk to 'shut up' when you've only just joined. Even by the comment you just posted it almost seems that you still don't get this and think everyone is having a go for no reason.

I think eating a little humble pie wouldn't hurt you and you may even find that people will help point anyone they know who is looking for a Jaguar in your direction. I hope the bass does sell to someone who can get some serious use out of it.

[quote name='Louis.m' timestamp='1339961316' post='1696917']
[/quote]

Louis.... lets all start again

Imagine Basschat is a pub. we're all mates, and to be honest if you wanna pull up a chair and hang out, more the merrier and you are welcome.
Sometimes we sell stuff and buy stuff. The barman lets us do this and we avoid the fees that ebay charge.
The barman has rules, and generally we look out for one another. If I offer something for sale, I give my terms and generally either the first person to say yes (or the first person to say yes and get the money) gets it. It's honourable.
If I underprice something normally people will tell me so I don't loose loads, and if I overprice something it won't sell. We don't really do auctions and as we don't have ebay to look out for us when it goes wrong, we do it as gentlemen, with honour and respect.
We don't rip each other off, If I buy something for a pittance cos the fella just needs the money that week, if I sell it on I'll pass it on at the same price, if I sell something and it's wrong, I'll go to all lengths to sort the thing, I'll be clear and organised with my dealing with people, and personally I refuse to take the money until the thing is bagged up and ready to go. it works well. there are a few odd folk on here, and the odd bass floating around you wouldn't touch with a bargepole cos it's got issues, but pretty much it's brilliant.
Hopefully you see how your posts possibly disrupted this atmosphere?

My suggestion.... pull the ebay advert. Say sorry on here, start a new thead. £450 is still a good price, specify postage or not, or anything, do you want trades? if you don't play bass what about guitar, folk on here have them too. be open be transparent. and keep calm.

lets all start again

Listen, Louis, I'll give you some advice, and you can take it or leave it, but I'm not having a go at you personally, and I do hope you find a buyer for this bass.... But this is what I would do now..

Get in touch with a moderator and ask them to lock this topic, I think it has run it's course.
Re-post the sale in the basses for sale thread.
State an asking price, and stick to the price. You can haggle with with a potential buyer, but that is done by PM
Basschat is not an auction site, you will (and have) get short shrift if you announce you have got an offer, but are hanging for a better one. Do your dealing and haggling via PM. But if you accept a price, you should stick to your word, otherwise you wont get anywhere on Basschat.
Post up some pics that look a little more genuine, maybe some of the bass in your kitchen, just something that looks like it has not been copied from elsewhere.
Give a bit of history to the bass. Where did you get it? How long owned? etc etc
Tell people they are free to have a look.
Don't get into personal rows with people. If you think someone is getting personal, just ignore it. This is only a for sale thread, all you want to do is sell your bass, and fair enough.

If bass playing is not for you, no worries. But if it is, check out the rest of the forum. You'll find a lot going on.

Some of us do meet regularly in London, there's members gigs, socials and bass meet-ups, so plenty to get involved with in real life.

Hope this has been some help

Good luck with the sale

[quote name='billyapple' timestamp='1339963028' post='1696965']Post up some pics that look a little more genuine, maybe some of the bass in your kitchen, just something that looks like it has not been copied from elsewhere.[/quote]

I agree with what's been said apart from this - the photos on [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230811673775"]eBay[/url] look fine and having a washing machine in the background will add no value. Plus I prefer that the bass be pictured laying down on a soft carpet than on a hard surface, makes it look like it's been looked after. Alarm bells ring when someone takes their pics outside in the garden resting against some paving slabs for example!

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1339963927' post='1696987']
I agree with what's been said apart from this - the photos on [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230811673775"]eBay[/url] look fine and having a washing machine in the background will add no value. Plus I prefer that the bass be pictured laying down on a soft carpet than on a hard surface, makes it look like it's been looked after. Alarm bells ring when someone takes their pics outside in the garden resting against some paving slabs for example!
[/quote]

There you go Louis. Dannybuoy has a different view, but it's not the end of the world. It's only my opinion about the photo's, other folk don't always see things the same way.

Anyway, Louis, you do what you think is best.

[/quote]

Or maybe he just read your posts and decided he didn't want to deal with someone who who asked for higher bids when they'd received an offer for the original asking price!

Just hope you didn't spend too much of your "profit" in the pub as it's not looking good on Ebay either.

[quote name='Louis.m' timestamp='1340011245' post='1697430']
I think 23 watchers and over 200 views is pretty decent for a one day auction actually
[/quote]

How many are from here though :P

...Just saying