Why become a member? ×

Fender jaguar Olympic white bass for sale

Louis.m

Hi,
Had a Olympic white fender jaguar with a rosewood fretboard for couple years now and am looking to sell it.
-Been kept in very good condition
-This bass has now become a raretiy due to it being discontinued
-RRP £819 (http://www.cranesmusicstore.com/fenderjaguarbassolympicwhite-p-1769.html)
-Extremely hard to find online or in shops anymore

Selling for £400 (or near offer)

If anyone is interested message me and I will be happy to send photos and any other details necessary

Edited by Louis.m

These are some pictures of the bass

[attachment=110478:DSCN1592.JPG][attachment=110479:DSCN1593.JPG][attachment=110480:DSCN1594.JPG][attachment=110481:DSCN1596.JPG][attachment=110482:DSCN1597.JPG][attachment=110483:DSCN1598.JPG]

[quote name='Louis.m' timestamp='1339771384' post='1694114']
I have already had an offer of £400 + p&p for this bass now, so if you are interested then please message me quickly with a similar/higher offer
[/quote]

That's pretty dodgy mate, this isn't eBay!

[quote name='Louis.m' timestamp='1339774921' post='1694204']
Because I'm seeing if there are any UK buyers, which would be easier
[/quote]

Fair point, however the market is pretty slow on here at the moment an things are taking a while to get rid of.

If I were you I would get rid while you can I have made that mistake in the past and not excepted peoples offer and I have been stuck with the said item.

If there paying the shipping and you are getting your asking price then my advice is get rid.

Edited by deanbean502

Whatever, best of luck with your sale, Its not worth starting arguing ;)

I dunno if it's just that you aren't used to the forum, but it doesn't tend to be a case of 'get the best price' it works more like you state a price you want, someone offers to give you it, a sale is made, that's why it says you have to put a price, not just invite offers in an attempt to start a bidding war.

For what it's worth, your bass looks lovely, and I think £400 is a good price, but if you ask for that, and get offered that, then what more do you want?

Inviting higher offers is a different kettle of fish to giving it more time in case of a UK buyer.

(point still stands)

Edited by Wooks79

[quote name='Louis.m' timestamp='1339775745' post='1694226']
Yeah, it's just such a rare bass these days, I haven't been able to find it anywhere on the net in stock
Just making sure I get what it's worth

Shut up Wooks
[/quote]

Way to go that should win you some friends with that attitude

If you want to take bids on it from UK buyers, why not put it on Ebay?

Basschat isn't the place for "auctioning" your for sale items.

If you're concerned that you might not have valued it correctly before advertising it for sale, then a little more research into the value may well have been beneficial.

Edited by Rowley Birkin QC