Why become a member? ×

song that sits well with sweet home alabama (medley)

[quote name='ceilidhswinger' timestamp='1338374622' post='1673394']
sit alongside Sweet Home Alabama in a medley?[/quote]

Don't know about where the line goes for you guys, but in my own ears you could easily get some Kinks or Jethro Tull to sit well, and you could go back and forth between them as a form for segue. First songs to come to my mind are Jethro Tull's "Hymn 43" and "Up to Me" (both off Aqualung), but you could even pull it off doing stuff with "Lola" by The Kinks - if you wished, that is.
[size=5][i][b][color=#0000ff]S[/color][/b][/i][/size][size=5][i][b][color=#0000FF]weet Home Ala[/color] [color=#ff0000]met her in a club down in North Soho[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Edit:
When writing that, I never thought of the possibility that your band might do a covers medley whilst sounding close to the originals. In that case, just forget these examples.

Edited by BassTractor

Up Round The Bend by Creedence Clearwater Revival - great tune that everyone knows and loves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34P18at0Q7s

If you don't, you've got no soul and your going to hell.

Wearing a pink tutu.

Edited by WHUFC BASS

[quote name='Dr.Dave' timestamp='1338378721' post='1673491']
Been doing this for the last 3 years. I do a verse and chorus of 'Werewolves' - Rod does a verse or two of Kid Rock then we fire into the Sweet Home Alabhama' chorus. Few bars of solo - quiet bit with a spoken gag about the williams getting their lighters out - back into a couple of loud SHA's - big rock ending - williams go mental - home for tea and medals. We've noticed it's the only thing we do that gets the blokes up to dance before the women.

I introduce it as the 'dead peoples song'. Usual line is - ' Warren Zevon's dead - Lynyrd Skynyrd smacked their plane into a big f**k off mountain - dead - ...Kid Rock.......... he's not dead but he's shitting himself !'.
[/quote]

Ha ha! I like it Dr Dave, well done!

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1338410535' post='1674294']
I don't often feel the need to say this but....

TUUUUUUUUNNNNNNEEEEEEE!!!! :):)

(Haven't played it in years, miss it a great deal)
[/quote]

Classic song Dave Vader! great for pub gig, maybe too much for weddings and Grannies tho?

What's become apparent in this thread is there's a lot of old hippies out there, thanks to all who got back with suggestions.(SOME CRAZY ONES TOO! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!)
I agree with Funkshui Dizzee Rascal does work but I cant see me doin no rapping bruv! Luv Monkeynuts input of [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Times Like These by the Foo's? even like Glen Campbells take on it.[/font][/color]
Think I will go for Bill Withers Lovely Day in the end.
Thanks again folks
Calum

• 11 months later...