Why become a member? ×

Bass guitar wear...

bubinga5

[url="http://www.cafepress.com/buy/bass+guitar"]Direct Link[/url]

I've just spent the last hour or so browsing... I'm glad i know the Firefox Page Info trick to get the pics. :huh:

I really like these designs, nevere heard of cafe press before, i do believe that this site may be getting a fair bit of my custom :)

Edited by allighatt0r

[quote name='allighatt0r' post='180426' date='Apr 19 2008, 12:43 PM'][url="http://www.cafepress.com/buy/bass+guitar"]Direct Link[/url]

I've just spent the last hour or so browsing... I'm glad i know the Firefox Page Info trick to get the pics. :huh:

I really like these designs, nevere heard of cafe press before, i do believe that this sight may be getting a fair bit of my custom :)[/quote]

If you sign up you can upload your own photos/images and sell them, I think they take a cut. I was going to get some ladies thongs made with the band name on. It's a lot simpler than getting a load or your own merch done. Thing is though, it's all in the states I think so not sure what the delivery is like.

Tony, I think I've worked it out.

So, go to that page, click the right mouse's button, find "Page Info" function and find "catched snapshot function" there.

Click that.

Now, you'd see some Googles flimfams about codes and stuff at the top of the page.

Find a sentence "Click here for the [b]cached text[/b] only". Click on that 'catched text' and you will enter the same site in some different form.

Now, scroll down and you'll find the sames images. Click right button on your chosen image again and look for "View backround image". So, 'view' that image, and with right click again, 'Save Image As..."...

Congrats, you SHOULD have the image... :)

If something's not clear, give me a word.

[quote name='TonyRamwell' post='181831' date='Apr 21 2008, 01:55 PM']So what's the trick then? Do share...[/quote]
Can you not just right click on the image & select [b]Sa[u]v[/u]e Image As....[/b] - or have I misunderstood what you are trying to achieve?

Interesting site, but I don't have time to look through 5000 pages just now :)

Edited by WalMan

Mate, I wouldn't bother, if it'd be so easy :huh:

Of course, I've tried function you've mentioned, but the result I've got was white screen instead of some picture...

So, you gotta do some work to get what you want :)

Edited by Faithless

[quote name='Moody' post='180431' date='Apr 19 2008, 12:46 PM']If you sign up you can upload your own photos/images and sell them, I think they take a cut. I was going to get some ladies thongs made with the band name on. It's a lot simpler than getting a load or your own merch done. Thing is though, it's all in the states I think so not sure what the delivery is like.[/quote]

Shipping with USPS is really cheap for thongs. Even huge ones. I've paid less shipping for T shirts from the US than some UK companies charge.

[quote name='bremen' post='182603' date='Apr 22 2008, 10:27 AM']Shipping with USPS is really cheap for thongs. Even huge ones. I've paid less shipping for T shirts from the US than some UK companies charge.[/quote]

I prefer to buy my lingerie in the UK, thanks!
As for thongs being huge, I thought they were meant to be skimpy!

Best typo award 2008 goes to bremen! And it's not even May yet! :)

It... wasn't a typo :brow:.

[url="http://www.cafepress.com/buy/bass+guitar/-/pv_design_prod/p_2482680.177143038/pNo_177143038/id_22770243/fpt_/opt_/c_666/pg_1"]http://www.cafepress.com/buy/bass+guitar/-...opt_/c_666/pg_1[/url]

[quote name='Machines' post='182822' date='Apr 22 2008, 02:43 PM']It... wasn't a typo :brow:.

[url="http://www.cafepress.com/buy/bass+guitar/-/pv_design_prod/p_2482680.177143038/pNo_177143038/id_22770243/fpt_/opt_/c_666/pg_1"]http://www.cafepress.com/buy/bass+guitar/-...opt_/c_666/pg_1[/url][/quote]

Leave it out! I want my award!

[quote name='TonyRamwell' post='181831' date='Apr 21 2008, 01:55 PM']So what's the trick then? Do share...[/quote]

Ive not scrolled all the way down yet so sorry if this has been posted but i assume its the fact that you can just drag the pic's to the desktop.
i know that's something you cant do in IE6
then again, maybe its not that.

I expect we might see a lot of new Avatars popping up soon ;-(

I love the "slap a Bass not a Ho" slogan.

Edited by dave_bass5

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like my order has arrived but the post office want £14 for customs charges.
bloody hell. the whole order was only about £40 and its taken this long to get here.
wont bother using them again (even if its not really their fault).

Ill post a pic of me and the kids with them on when i can be bothered to go and get them.

[quote name='bubinga5' post='179641' date='Apr 18 2008, 12:06 PM']You may be aware of this site, but thought i would share! its called www.cafe press.com..
Great selection of music/bass/instrument related stuff, like t shirts mugs etc. If thats your thing..[/quote]

Oh yes.

[url="http://www.cafepress.com/buy/bassworld/-/pv_design_prod/pg_1/p_storeid.4153675/pNo_4153675/id_1613075/opt_/fpt_/c_666/"]http://www.cafepress.com/buy/bassworld/-/p...pt_/fpt_/c_666/[/url]

Don't all rush at once!

I can save a whole load of time for PC users! OPen up the page.. hit the 'print screen' button on your keyboard, open up your favourite image editor, such as MS Paint (hahaha) and select EDIT> PASTE

now trim image to size and save. TOO EASY!

• 2 weeks later...

As promised. A rather rushed shot of the kids this morning.
Kids being kids i didn't get a chance to really line anything up and i knew 10mins form then both tops would be covered in muck (and i was right).

Still, its one of only a few where i have been able to get them both looking at the camera at the same time and without tongues out or eyes shut.

Edited by dave_bass5

Ah sorry, i didn't notice all the interest in my trick!

What i was referring to is:

When you are on the page you wish to extract the picture from, go to Tools > Page Info.

Then click the media tab, and the image will be (from my experience of the cafe press pages) one of the 400 x 400 background images somewhere near three quarters of the way down the list

Once you've found it using the little preview at the bottom, you can click Save As... and save it wherever you like, just make sure you have the right file extension :huh:

Sorry to leave people hanging on that! :)

[quote name='allighatt0r' post='206614' date='May 26 2008, 03:58 PM']When you are on the page you wish to extract the picture from, go to Tools > Page Info.

Then click the media tab, and the image will be (from my experience of the cafe press pages) one of the 400 x 400 background images somewhere near three quarters of the way down the list

Once you've found it using the little preview at the bottom, you can click Save As... and save it wherever you like, just make sure you have the right file extension :huh:[/quote]

Cool :) Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Alun

whenever i read the title of this thread, i always think it's about the processes vintage basses endure to aquire their mojo... how Do you wear off the finish on your bass using just your shirt sleeve??!!! Really abrasive shirt material and lots of playing i guess?