Why become a member? ×

Old Git still playing Bass after 52 years!

Lowend Stu

Hi I`m Stu from Bexhill East Sussex, currently playing in 2 bands, my basses are, 5 string Hudson fretless with a Seymore Duncan Basslines Musicman pick up and Steve Bailey fretless tone circuit,and Hipshot A bridge fitted, great sounding bass with a superb neck! a NS NXT 4 string EUB, Danelectric
fretless,and a Squire vintage modified Jazz, all of these are lefthanded, for studio I will often use a PJB Cub combo a superb little combo this, main rig is a EA micro 550w head with 2x Hartke Hydrive HX 112 cabs, can`t carry any heavey weights anymore, I love playing bass and have done so from the age of 12, thanks for the replies I will endeavour to get some pics of gear soon!

Edited by Lowend Stu

Hello neighbour! Welcome to the machine, great to see another from around here B) Sounds like you've got me beat by a year or two, I started when I was 14 IIRC so have now been at it 47 years on & off.

Let us know when you're gigging :happy: but don't ask me to carry your gear :lol: I'm in a bad way too :P

Cheerz, John

welcome.
bloody hell,we are all coming out of the woodwork,
me a 50something been playing since 13,with a 10 year break ending 18 months ago,
oh and I live not far in hastings,
so it would seem that the south coast is gods waiting room for bassplayers,thats nice

[quote name='stef030' timestamp='1335369680' post='1630060']
welcome.
bloody hell,we are all coming out of the woodwork,
me a 50something been playing since 13,with a 10 year break ending 18 months ago,
oh and I live not far in hastings,
[color=#ff0000][b]so it would seem that the south coast is gods waiting room for bassplayers[/b][/color],thats nice
[/quote]
Or is it because that's where most of the old folks homes are located in the UK :D

I'll get my zimmer
(now that could be a good name for a the custom Classic Bass I'm building, the "Zimmer - Victor Meldrew" model )

• 2 weeks later...

Hi LEFTYORKY,
I have two of these Squires one natural/maple neck and has a schaller 3d bridge, D`adario XL`s schaller strap locks and a fender pickup cover plus white scratchplate and one is a sunburst/rosewood neck with a Babicz bridge plus black original jass knobs, its quite amazing how different these two basses sound!

• 2 weeks later...