Why become a member? ×

1982 Ibanez Blazer Pics up

cocco

Up for sale is my 1982 ibanez blazer. I bought it a
few months ago from gum tree. It's all original and in really food nick for a 1982 bass, the exposed grain body is a little tarnished from sweat and has some buckle rash on it but the neck is perfect.

The bass is 100% all original though, everything works as you'd expect it to, no scratchy pots, truss rod works, tuners work. The tone this thing produces is amazing, not far from a p but with a little more growl. I think this is due to the ray esque pickup placement.

No pics ATM but I'll get some up tomorrow via photobucket. I want £225 for this which I think is fair for the condition and rarity of the bass (you don't see many of the early one around) it comes with a gig bag and I'm happy to post at buyers expense :)

I'd rather a sale for now. Trades may become an option later but I have my eye on something for now.

Edited by cocco

Well, as always, I'm strapped at the moment. There's always other stuff that needs paying for! These basses really are great quality for the money. Plenty of thump, with a lovely refined 'zing' to them. Made of proper wood with good quality components; anyone that buys this is in for a right treat! I'll admit, I prefer the looks of the '83-onwards models, but great basses nonetheless and an interesting take on the Precision style.

Have an envious bump off of me!

Truckstop

Hi Bob,
You're pimped one ended up here for a while if you remember, how you doing anyway ??? :P Yours had the more traditional rounded Blazer style headstock.
I have a 1980 Blazer of this model and it's a bloody cracker, It's the one I'd rescue in a fire ! Fantastic tone, great neck and nice and light too and growls like a son of a bitch. £225 is a steal.....really.
Someone is going to be very pleased indeed.

Edited by kennyrodg

Thanks everyone. The only thing I dont like about this bass is the slab body. I just can't get on with it at all. If it doesn't go I won't be too upset to be honest. It's a tone monster. I just wish it had contours. The more I look at it the more I don't want to let it go :(

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1334742342' post='1620446']
I spread my love between Blazers and Roadstars equally! I'm still hurting over missing out on Psycoandy's lovely white PJ Roadstar; everytime I think of it I get a lump in my throat :(

Anyway, bump for this!

Truckstop
[/quote]

Played my '79 Roadster through my 1980 Fender Bassman last night in rehearsal. Perfect. (Not my playing - the combination)

Bump for the Blazer.

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1334828705' post='1621842']
Provisionally sold!
[/quote]

Phew! Thank goodness for that. My Blazer is every bit as good as my MIA P and MIJ P. Apart from the fact it's red. I was beginning to eye up cocco's as a companion for it. Can relax now.