Why become a member? ×

I'm in a competition on YouTube and I need your help!

nicklathambass

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1333805686' post='1606754']
'Like'. Epic skills, indeed. Are those your bass-playing trophies in that cabinet? :lol:
[/quote]

HAHA!! Thanks for the kind words, and that would be amazing if I had bass-playing trophies. xDD
Unfortunately no, that is not what they are! I recorded my video at my very good friend Luke's house - he used to do a lot of cross country running and was evidently very good at it. Hahahaha. :D

[quote name='LiamPodmore' timestamp='1333807927' post='1606785']
Brilliant song Nick, i was wondering if you on here actually, but now you clearly are. Liked it when you posted your video a few days ago as i've been subbed for a while (And we've had a few conversations too, my username is dopewithabass)

Liam
[/quote]

Good to see you dude! 'Course I know who you are! :D

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1333807197' post='1606772']
im going to ask the obvious here - i assume you wrote the whole thing yes?

the riff at 1:30 and 2:10 is monster! beats metal of death any day imo :ph34r:

and top marks for the yammy too ;)
[/quote]

I did indeed write the whole thing. :)
Glad you like the riff! It was funny when I was writing it - I thought to myself "hmm, it needs something before the solo section..."
I just started playing and that riff came out. I was like "alright then, that'll do nicely! Thanks, hands!" :D
And yeah. I really love my Yamaha. :)

---
Now I've answered a load of the posts here (thanks for all of them by the way, really appreciate the support), I have awesome news.
It's looking like I'm going to win the contest.

I posted my video here (obviously) and have had a fantastic response (thankyou), on talkbass (and got a similar response which is also awesome), on Facebook a billion times (on my fanpage* as well as my personal account), my friends shared it a load, my subscribers on YouTube have been awesome sharing it, and my followers on twitter**. The biggest bass guitar Facebook page shared it, and also a really popular YouTuber promoted it and asked her fans & friends to support me and vote for me.

As a result, it's looking like I've pretty much won. I don't want to jynx it so I'm almost thinking about not posting this...
Unless something goes drastically wrong before voting closes in the next 7 days, I've won. I'm so bloody excited and happy!! :]
But I'm gonna risk it. Thankyou all so much for your support, I can't really believe it.

The Sandberg looks and sounds amazing and I can't wait to get it... (providing I do in fact win of course)...

Thanks again, I literally cannot say it enough.
Hope you're all doing awesome.
Nick
----------
*My Facebook page is http://facebook.com/nicklathambass if anybody feels like joining & saying hi there! :)
**My twitter page is http://twitter.com/itsnickonbass if anyone wants to say hi on there instead! :D

[quote name='nicklathambass' timestamp='1333922127' post='1608388']
The Sandberg looks and sounds amazing and I can't wait to get it...
[/quote]

Very good, I'm made up for you, man!
You realise we're all going to have to have a go on this bass, don't you..? :lol: ;)

I totally am coming back haha!! I've just been a bit busy the last few days. :D

THANKS SO MUCH for all your support & kind words everyone, can't believe I won.. argh...
It's insane!

I made a video thanking everyone here & the people at talkbass too, because you made me feel super welcome even though I'm clearly a total noob to forums etc.
I didn't want you to think I just used the forum to get votes, I really am going to try and become more of an active member here! I even say so in the video. :)

Thanks again, I cannot wait to get my grubby mitts on the Sandberg MarloweDK signature bass prototype! It sounds sooo niceeee!! :D
Check out the video - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUeDf2HRAKU"]THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU[/url]

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1334394684' post='1615512']
HAHAHAHA! That is REALLY good! Thumbs up!

I can't stand that little expressionless tap you do, it has no musical reason for existing. But everything else is very well played. You are going to be one hell of a bassist if you keep that up.
[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words and criticism! I don't really know how you can think the little tap has no musical reason for existing.. it's part of the melody! Thanks all the same though. :)