Why become a member? ×

guys need help having trouble with some guy ,how i should proceed?

hi there , sold an instrument trough ebay, on the 2 of february, posted on the 10 /2 to latvia , parcel force did not leave a notification under the buyer door , so the guy not being home was unware that delivery been attempted, now after two month the bass is back to me i offered the guy that i could post back to him on my expenses, the guy changed is mind, so asking for a full refund.
i ve spoken to , to parcel force to start a claim as now i find my self with an item which i don t need and 500 pound to refund,so i ve told the guy that if he want a refund i will happily give to him but need s to wait for me to sell the item again , or to solve the problem with parcel force. today i find my self with a paypal chargeback. any suggestion?
please reply asap

EVILBAY

Edited by fiatcoupe432

Sounds a bit dodgy to me. In two months he didn't follow up where the bass had gone? Sounds like he changed his mind and let it get returned so he could get his money back. I'd be very unwilling to sell anythiung like that via ebay outside of the EU. Dont know unfortunately ifyou have much defense to be fair with Paypal - was there not any tracking for the Parcel?

Dont know if this is any use? [url="http://www.lovemoney.com/news/scams-and-rip-offs/scams/12513/watch-out-for-this-ebay-scam"]http://www.lovemoney.com/news/scams-and-rip-offs/scams/12513/watch-out-for-this-ebay-scam[/url]

[quote name='Nibody' timestamp='1333360059' post='1600401']... I'd be very unwilling to sell anythiung like that via ebay outside of the EU. ..[/quote]

Latvia's fine then. :)

I hate the no morals culture that ebay breeds. I think all you can do is sell the bass asap and notch it up.

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1333362864' post='1600464']
Latvia's fine then. :)

I hate the no morals culture that ebay breeds. I think all you can do is sell the bass asap and notch it up.
[/quote]

DOH! Forgot the "new" europe!

If you sell something you should track it, don't rely on the buyer. Ebay takes a lot of flack but with an item of that value an approach of 'once Parcelforce have taken it it's off my hands' is exactly the type of thing ebay rules protects buyers from. No idea what the rights and wrongs of the current situation are as there's not enough info, but any comments ragrding the buyer's behaviour are pure conjecture at this point. If I sent a £500 instrument to another country I'd consider it my possession until it was safely in the new owner's hands, which doesn't appear to be the case here? OK, Paypal have taken the money back, but at least the O/P still has the bass, I've heard far worse stories about ebay transactions gone wrong

C

Come on, guys! Latvia maybe is a new Europe, but I don't think there are more scammers or idiots here than in any other European country. In fact outside the BC, in my daily business, I mostly deal with the scam attempts from the UK. I do not know how true is this story about the parcel service "not leaving the notification under the door", sounds a bit weird to me. As much as not solving the issue in between both of you, guys, during 2 months period.

Whenever there is issues with an ebayer, best thing to do is call ebay with all the info at hand, and speak to an actual person. Not generally had much trouble in Europe, but certain former colonies have real trouble understanding the concept of things travelling to them from other countries will have more expensive postage, an their currency not being valid in other countries. People taking ages to actually mention their item never arrived is a giant pain though.

[quote name='KuzBass' timestamp='1333368704' post='1600595']
Come on, guys! Latvia maybe is a new Europe, but I don't think there are more scammers or idiots here than in any other European country. In fact outside the BC, in my daily business, I mostly deal with the scam attempts from the UK.[/quote]

Thats fair comment. I remember the issue on here for the german guy with the 8 string P bass.

I have done classic car parts on ebay for over 10 years,
for the most sending around the world is ok but there is no doubt
some countries have more than their fair share of real pain in the a@@ people
i can almost predict what the sale is going to be like from a few countries !
so much so i have now barred some countries from bidding, its just not worth it.
so, you can in your ebay sellers options just send to the EU.
sorry this info does not help you much
Could of been allot worse
at least it came back in one piece and you can still sell it !!!!

[quote name='funkgod' timestamp='1333454166' post='1601839']
I have done classic car parts on ebay for over 10 years,
for the most sending around the world is ok but there is no doubt
some countries have more than their fair share of real pain in the a@@ people
i can almost predict what the sale is going to be like from a few countries !
so much so i have now barred some countries from bidding, its just not worth it.
so, you can in your ebay sellers options just send to the EU.
sorry this info does not help you much
Could of been allot worse
at least it came back in one piece and you can still sell it !!!!
[/quote]

http://europa.eu/about-eu/countries/member-countries/latvia/index_en.htm

[quote name='funkgod' timestamp='1333455532' post='1601878']
hi breman,
i was not particularly talking about latvia.
but i never knew that !
[/quote]

Out of interest, which countries do you have on your sh*t list? It might be helpful to let others know your experiences.
I heard Italy can be especially dodgy but I've never found out why.

AHHH im sure we all have had bad experiences over the years
it just makes you a bit more wary of some places,
im not pointing anyout.
but i find certainly with heaver items if listed on ebay the further away the country
people get very miffed at the high post prices, bid then dont pay.
instead of checking the post price befor bidding.
Becomes a pain when 4 or 5 items at a time are not being paid for.
then they leave you bad feedback when all you have done is run around after them getting them the cheapst post price
and as a seller you cant leave them bad feedback anymore, very anoying.

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1333455764' post='1601889']
[/quote]

When I was a seller on eBay I wouldn't send to Italy. Just far too many problems.
Would say more, but there are lots of Italians on BC! :lol: ;)

[/quote]

My understanding is there are two main problems with sending to Italy:

One is their customs checks which can take weeks to complete and, obviously, the buyer doesn't realise it is being held at Italian customs and registers a non-delivery and probably negative feedback.

The second problem is corruption (ie. probably a high level of theft) within the Italian postal system.

I have noticed more and more Ebayers refusing to send to Italy.

Out of interest, which countries do you have on your sh*t list? It might be helpful to let others know your experiences.
[/quote]

I had lots of first hand experience with sh*t happening when I dealt with Italy. I used to do a lot on ebay and shipping small, inexpensive items all over Europe and I can say that after a 75% failure rate for items to be delivered in Italy, I knocked all sales to Italy on the head. Items dispatched via RM first class delivery with proof of postage (tracked delivery would generally cost £6-£8 as opposed to the 75p that buyers were paying for 1st class) would invariably go missing with the likely culprit the Italian side of the delivery; identical items to Holland and Germany NEVER went missing despite my posting about x10 the number of items to Holland/Germany than I did Italy. France wasn't great (the occasional 'lost' item) but nowhere near as bad as Italy. On one occasion (after my Italy blockade) I did agree to send to Italy so long as the buyer agreed to International insured/tracked postage (expensive)... it went missing!

I think the Italian customs hold up problem can delay packages for many weeks (I've read about situations where 8 weeks is not uncommon) which ultimately leads to dissatisfaction for the Italian buyer but no knowledge that the problem is homegrown.

I assume that eventually many of these 'missing' packages do arrive at their intended destinations but it's such a minefield that many Ebayers choose to refuse to deal with Italy.

I would send the money back ASAP. To be fair if the guy Latvian or otherwise waited longer than expected for whatever reason then for the bass to end up back at the sender, it's perfectly reasonable for him to say enough is enough. I know it's not your fault but life sucks sometimes. Take it on the chin pal. Fork up for a quiet life. stick the bass on here you never know.

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1333465827' post='1602095']
Also just for the record I have sent gear to former Eastern Bloc countries a couple of times now without any slip ups.
[/quote]

I have also had many dealings with Eastern Europeans with no problems - lovely folk...!

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1333467078' post='1602123']
I would send the money back ASAP. To be fair if the guy Latvian or otherwise waited longer than expected for whatever reason then for the bass to end up back at the sender, it's perfectly reasonable for him to say enough is enough. I know it's not your fault but life sucks sometimes. Take it on the chin pal. Fork up for a quiet life. stick the bass on here you never know.
[/quote]

I think you are misunderstanding things - Paypal has already taken the money back and reimbursed the buyer.

Ah well the decision has been taken out if his hands so theres no problem anymore. If I bought a bass off somebody and it didn't turn up and then I hear it's back with the sender after a few weeks. I would wash my hands and ask for my money back. I don't think it's unreasonable. I know it's not our buddy's fault that things didnt work out but like I said earlier life's a bitch sometimes.

Edited by the boy

[quote name='fiatcoupe432' timestamp='1333358516' post='1600368']
hi there , sold an instrument trough ebay, on the 2 of february, posted on the 10 /2 to latvia , parcel force did not leave a notification under the buyer door , so the guy not being home was unware that delivery been attempted, now after two month the bass is back to me i offered the guy that i could post back to him on my expenses, the guy changed is mind, so asking for a full refund.
i ve spoken to , to parcel force to start a claim as now i find my self with an item which i don t need and 500 pound to refund,so i ve told the guy that if he want a refund i will happily give to him but need s to wait for me to sell the item again , or to solve the problem with parcel force. today i find my self with a paypal chargeback. any suggestion?
please reply asap

EVILBAY
[/quote]
Maybe I am missing something but ...

How could you not know that the bass was undelivered for nearly two months?

Were you not tracking it for the delivery signature?

Were you not communicating with the buyer to see that it had arrived safe and sound?

Were you not communicating with the shipper to find out what had happened when it hadn't arrived?

Did you not realise that when the shipper took the package from you after you contracted with them to deliver on your behalf that, as the supplier of the item, you still held responsibility for it being delivered?