Why become a member? ×

New Epiphones on the way

Delberthot

Just been online and saw [url="http://www.andertons.co.uk/bass-guitars/cid560/bass-guitars.asp#page-1"]these[/url]

EB-3 in Pelham Blue, Jack Casady in Silver but the daddy is the new Thunderbirds with Gibson USA pickups for £349.

They're also doing a proper silver thunderbird rather than that awful silverburst they did last year which is a huge coincidence as I am painting my own thunderbird silver

Edited by Delberthot

Er.. wrong link? Waterstone Tom Petersson TP-12 String Bass on eBay?#

Found a silver Thunderbird here though: [url="http://www.andertons.co.uk/electric-basses/pid23421/cid682/epiphone-ltd-ed-thunderbirdiv-bass-in-tv-silver.asp?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=pricecomp&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping"]http://www.andertons.co.uk/electric-basses/pid23421/cid682/epiphone-ltd-ed-thunderbirdiv-bass-in-tv-silver.asp[/url]

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1333198326' post='1598622']
Either the Gothic or Nikki Sixx model get my vote, as both are made of mahogany like the Gibsons, so have a deeper tone.
[/quote]

I've currently got both and am in the process of doing a switcheroo. I'm taking the EMG HZs that I have out of the goth, putting them in the Blackbird, swapping necks, fitting a normal bridge, painting silver and having just one volume for the bridge pickup as that's all I use.

I'll be selling the Blackthunderbird once its complete - goth body, blackbird neck, deep sixx pickups and volume/tone controls.

I really like Thunderbirds, but goddamn there are just too many pretty ones to choose from. This new silver one looks great, and, personally I thought the Silverburst was beautiful too. Just like the Silverburst Explorer bass. And then there's the Goth, and the Nikki Sixx, and the Natural Oil Pro, and... you get the idea. I'm not complaining mind.

Edit: Oh, and of course the Arctic and Alpine Whites.

Edited by Icarus_147

I've just fitted a set of Seymour Duncan's to my Fenderbird, and they're a significant upgrade. Having said that, it's had one or two upgrades: P-neck, Hipshot Ultralights, new nut, rewire (inc. series switch) and pots, Hipshot Supertone, even Gibson knobs. That leaves the body, the scratch plate and the back cover plate which are Epi. Trigger's Hammer... :)

Where does it say that these are genuine Gibson USA pickups? These look like exactly the same pickups that were fitted to the Silverburst (which according to reviews were terrible!) At that price these pickups will not be USA Gibsons. Unfortunately no Epiphone Thunderbird sounds anything like the Gibson, The main reason being the unbranded Chinese stock pickups. I fitted genuine Gibson USA pickups to an Alpine White Epi thunderbird. Sounded nice but still nothing like my Gibson. Probably because its not an all mahogany through neck.

Very nice looking bass though.

Here's the link for the [url="http://www.andertons.co.uk/electric-basses/pid23304/cid682/epiphone-thunderbird-classic-iv-usa-pickups-in-vintage-sunburst.asp"]Thunderbird with USA pickups[/url]

I wonder if that means that Rosetti will add the pickups to their spare parts catalogue?

[quote name='gafbass02' timestamp='1333331765' post='1600178']
Silver thunderbird

Dammit.

What the hell can i sell now !!? I've nothing left to flog argh!!
[/quote]
???
1990 Fender MIJ modded jazz bass
'08 Fender cij '75 reissue jazz,
'bassmaster funk',
fender kingman,
zoom b9.1ut,
MarkBass MoMark 800,
Bergantino Ae210's
OBBM, monster and Zaolla cables,
gramma pad,
Wizard 'GAFfer' pickups,
igig cases.

.... :P you've one too many jazzes, ill take that off you!

[quote name='fragglefart' timestamp='1333360973' post='1600424']
Just not sure about those older bridges man.

These look great though, apart from that.
[/quote]

Surely, that is a Gibson though?! 0_o
I've tried looking elsewhere for these and can't find an accurate picture :-/

Id personally see how they are like before I buy another Epi and Mod it.

The bridges do need an upgrade to the hipshots ;)

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1333639999' post='1604683']

???
1990 Fender MIJ modded jazz bass
'08 Fender cij '75 reissue jazz,
'bassmaster funk',
fender kingman,
zoom b9.1ut,
MarkBass MoMark 800,
Bergantino Ae210's
OBBM, monster and Zaolla cables,
gramma pad,
Wizard 'GAFfer' pickups,
igig cases.

.... :P you've one too many jazzes, ill take that off you!
[/quote]

Heh heh. Join the queue lol

• 2 weeks later...