Why become a member? ×

Best Beatles song to play in a pub band?

The Dark Lord

I play in a pub duo playing mainly Indie songs but mixing in some punk and pop numbers.

My guitar playing associate is a huge Beatles fan and I want to suggest one of their numbers to play in our set. I would prefer it to be a punchy up tempo and relatively simple number.

Any suggestions for what the best choice would be?

We alternate lead and harmony vocals if that helps ...... and we are happy to re-arrange things too.

Come Together is a popular one, not much harmony. Anything off Sgt. Pepper's should probably work well though. Getting Better maybe?

Actually didn't even think about the earlier stuff. That would work very well. Day Tripper,
Hard Day's Night, Can't Buy Me Love, Eight Days a Week, Help, Ticket to Ride, etc.

Edited by lxxwj

'All my Loving' tends to lend itself well to a duo arrangement, a bassline that moves along pretty well and plenty of room for some rhythmic guitar work too. Solo vocals first verse and duo the second.

There are plenty of Beatles numbers that explore different aspects of a band, depends what you want on the night.

Something.

If you want something drippy with a good bassline to end the night / send the punters to sleep, depending on how well you do it.

Not one you hear much nowadays. Went down well when we used to do it, even though I used to murder the bassline cos I couldnt quite pull it off. But that was about a hundred years ago now.