Why become a member? ×

My Custom Precision Has Landed!

discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1330820547' post='1563544']
It would have to be a 51-type pup cover, but it wouldn't fit over the 57-type split pickup!
Also, I can't have a bridge cover as I'm a palm-muting fan! Nice thought, though... :)
[/quote]
I tried a bass with a pickup cover and bridge cover. Couldn't play the thing.
Looks nice, but I like to change my hand into different positions for different sons.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering why not one person has commented on the counterfeit Fender decal. This is very unethical, plus, why can't the guy put his own name on the bass he made? It's like putting a Opal logo on a Mercedes. Sure, most of us could tell it's not really a Fender, but after it changes hands a couple of times, someone is going to get taken. It's not only extremely unethical to make or own such a bass, it's highly illegal. I certainly wouldn't be bragging about it in an internet bass forum. I'm just wondering what's the purpose of using counterfeit Fender decals? Anyone want to explain why someone would be proud of this when they should be ashamed?

[quote name='DavidCertain' timestamp='1332202342' post='1584910']
I'm wondering why not one person has commented on the counterfeit Fender decal.[/quote]
[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1332236377' post='1585100']
Because this is not Talkbass and we don't judge people for their choices. :) Have a nice day.
[/quote]

And also because this is the 'Build Diaries' forum. If you want to post a new topic regarding your issue in 'General Discussion' or 'Off Topic' forums, I would be more than happy to address it in detail there.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='clarkpegasus4001' timestamp='1332251286' post='1585548']
That's a nice looking bass Mark. B) Just out of curiosity, is it heavy?
[/quote]

Thanks! As far as I can tell using the most modern scientific methods (weighing myself with and without the bass on bathroom scales :lol:) it's in the order of 8.5lbs, which I believe to be relatively light for a P-Bass. :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1332259025' post='1585699']
Thanks! As far as I can tell using the most modern scientific methods (weighing myself with and without the bass on bathroom scales :lol:) it's in the order of 8.5lbs, which I believe to be relatively light for a P-Bass. :)
[/quote]

Not too heavy then. :)