Why become a member? ×

Scammer

pst62

I know this bloke has been highlighted on here for his diabolical 'relics' :o before and I've seen a few of his basses and
thought to myself "That's not a Squier!" Well now here's the definite proof.
You see I sold him this last month [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Squier-Precision-P-Bass-guitar-vintage-road-worn-relic-Squire-Precision-/270923586260?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3f144ddad4"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Squier-Precision-P-Bass-guitar-vintage-road-worn-relic-Squire-Precision-/270923586260?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3f144ddad4[/url] It is not a Squier by any stretch of the imagination, it's a Jim Deacon PB62. I've reported him to eBay but I'm not holding my breath.
Please people feel free to message him telling him that you don't believe it's a genuine Squier. Hopefully he'll pull the auction. God knows how many people he's scammed in the past with his hideous tool shed mutations.

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1330471183' post='1558173']
Withdrawn, but not pulled by ebay.

I hope nobody took him up on his call for offers of around £200. :([/quote]

Me too mate! Hopefully, he's pulled the auction due to too many awkward questions, as opposed to some outlandish offer
by some poor unsuspecting young un. Maybe he's a member here and saw this thread!
I really don't see the attraction to his tool shed massacre jobs, they just don't look like an authentic aged/battered bass.

[quote name='mikegatward' timestamp='1330511140' post='1558457']
Not condoning what he's clearly mis-selling but its' ironic that he has feedback from so many happy, albeit unsuspecting customers
[/quote]
True enough mate his feedback seems to stand up!
Some of his auctions might have been the genuine article, but the chances are he's got away with this many times before.
Like I said in my original post, I've seen a few of his other auction items that didn't look right and were passed off as Squiers.
As you're no doubt aware Fender/Squier style Basses and Guitars are copied by so many cheap manufacturers these days.
That's why he's "relicing" (for want of a better word) them so heavily, it's a distraction.
Get the sander out, strip the headstock logo re-lacquer a Fender one in it's place and cast your net out for the wide-eyed unaware.

I've still heard nowt off of eBay.

Edited by pst62

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1330471183' post='1558173']
Withdrawn, but not pulled by ebay.

I hope nobody took him up on his call for offers of around £200. :(
[/quote]

I emailed him and pointed out that what it was. He replied saying he's relist with the correct title.

[quote name='chaypup' timestamp='1330521819' post='1558749']
I emailed him and pointed out that what it was. He replied saying he's relist with the correct title.
[/quote]
Good man! But the thing is, he knew exactly wot it was when he originally listed it!
This pic was taken for my eBay auction, which he won.

Hahaha check [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Musicmaster-bass-vintage-road-worn-surf-green-nitro-bronco-bass-Squier-/270922131002?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3f1437a63a"]this[/url]

I'm actually shouting at my screen - It's a very f*cked up Bronco. Stop bidding you muppets. :lol:

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1330527211' post='1558872']
Looks like it WAS a nice bass.
[/quote]
Yeah it was ok to look at but I never liked the neck and the pups were pretty flat sounding.
I was gonna upgrade it with a Mighty Mite neck and some new pups, [s]but her in doors[/s] err I mean I couldn't be arsed. :)

Edited by pst62

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Squier-Jazz-Bass-guitar-vintage-road-worn-Nitro-Surf-Green-fin-precision-/270924361846?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3f1459b076#ht_1261wt_920"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Squier-Jazz-Bass-guitar-vintage-road-worn-Nitro-Surf-Green-fin-precision-/270924361846?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3f1459b076#ht_1261wt_920[/url]

lovely jazz bass relic ;)

What kind of idiot buys a bass that looks as sh*t as these? I like the Roadworn relics but there is a limit ya know.

Words from his advert:

[size=4][font=Calibri][b]So if you want a cool vintage bass that looks and sounds fantastic but have not got thousands to spare this could be for you.[/b][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=Calibri][b]It should read:[/b][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=Calibri][b]If you are a muppet with no taste, who doesn`t realise that I am rippin you off if you buy this piece of crap then this could be for you! Look at my feeback![/b][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Calibri][b]Jez[/b][/font][/size]

Edited by jezzaboy

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1330703655' post='1561940']
What kind of idiot buys a bass that looks as sh*t as these? I like the Roadworn relics but there is a limit ya know.

Words from his advert:

[size=4][font=Calibri][b]So if you want a cool vintage bass that looks and sounds fantastic but have not got thousands to spare this could be for you.[/b][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=Calibri][b]It should read:[/b][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=Calibri][b]If you are a muppet with no taste, who doesn`t realise that I am rippin you off if you buy this piece of crap then this could be for you! Look at my feeback![/b][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Calibri][b]Jez[/b][/font][/size]
[/quote]

Perhaps he was an estate agent before he became a luthier :P

• 2 months later...