Why become a member? ×

Bruno Mars bassist

leftyhook

[quote name='jonno1981' timestamp='1329946987' post='1550312']
I seriously thought he was miming all the way through the performance. Some great Jameson esque bass parts and tremendous bass tone! Maybe I need to listen again but it looked and sounded far too perfect for a live show.
[/quote]
Weird :)

People CAN play well live you know. A perfect sounding band CAN actually be real.

hmm....TBH when it was first on someone in my living room was talking, and I watched out of the corner of my eye assuming the band were miming.

Even if he was, it will be his playing and there are some great choices of notes throughout.

I take on board that his dancing and totally relaxed look leans towards someone who isn't concentrating.

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1329947897' post='1550346']
I was just being a gear-stalker, admiring his (I assume) Pino Palladino CS Precision. Thats how sad I am
[/quote]

It is a Pino Clarky. He & his band were at my work last year and they played live then...
What's slightly worrying is I was idly wondering if I could de-string, dismantle and take it home without them noticing :blink: :rolleyes: :)

[quote name='GregHughes' timestamp='1329947450' post='1550327']
I thought it looked mimed when I watched it last night as it was a pretty complex bass line with those dance moves. Maybe I'm just synical/jealous.
[/quote]
I'm finding these comments amazing. Is our music culture so bad that a good musician moving about or singing at the same time as playing something a titchy bit complex means he must be miming? EVH is miming? Flea is miming? Geddy is miming? Fvck me :S

Edited by silddx

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1329949769' post='1550393']
I'm finding these comments amazing. Is our music culture so bad that a good musician moving about or singing at the same time as playing something a titchy bit complex means he must be miming? EVH was miming? Flea is miming? Geddy is miming, Fvck me :s
[/quote]

exactly. It wasn't [i]hugely[/i] difficult to play and do a few steps to that I wouldn't think. It was, however, very nice and interesting.

[quote name='Jam' timestamp='1329949617' post='1550388']
I thought the bass playing was quite interesting, it's Bruno Mars that I think is dross.
[/quote]
This is the thing. Bruno Mars is not dross, he is almost completely derivative, saying nothing new, but he IS very good at what he does. However, all the geezers on here saying he's great would probably have a vastly different opinion if he was the winner of X-Factor, which is what he sounds like.

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1329950059' post='1550404']
This is the thing. Bruno Mars is not dross, he is almost completely derivative, saying nothing new, but he IS very good at what he does. However, all the geezers on here saying he's great would probably have a vastly different opinion if he was the winner of X-Factor, which is what he sounds like.
[/quote]

As ever, you've hit the nail on the head. The lyrics that pander to teenage girls are what get to me more than anything else.

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1329950059' post='1550404']
[/quote]

Indeed....... Though I'm 'one of those' that doesn't mind X-Factor