Why become a member? ×

Every covers band is doing Price Tag!

razze06

Heard it for the first time just now, and if my band insisted on doing this, my gear would be packed up, and I would be out the door in a flash!
I know it's rather shallow of me, but there's only one [b]JJ[/b] for me, and he play's great bass, mind you, she does have better legs though! :crazy:

After another listen i think i do recall hearing it last year, it wasn't it used for a TV add?, maybe thats where i heard it. I never listen to the radio (at least not one that plays the current stuff) and my kids arent fans so im pretty much out of touch with who sings what these days.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1328696892' post='1531173']
'It's not about the money... we don't want your money...' how much is a ticket for a Jessie J gig again? :P
[/quote]

I chuckled quite a lot watching her sing it on telly last summer, draped in uber-blingy diamondy stuff. For it's not about the ba-bling-ba-bling it is?

I refuse to play it on account of the fact it's pushing the message of 'Money's not important' when - as discreet and Dave Vader pointed out - it quite clearly is, and she's profiting from the ignorance of the masses whose failure to question her motivation lead to this pile of crap becoming a massive hit. And also because she doesn't return my calls.

I think you should put them on the [url="http://basschat.co.uk/forum/21-for-sale-other-musically-related-stuff/"]For sale: Other musically related stuff[/url] section, and watch the scramble for them! :crazy:

Edited by thebrig

[quote name='razze06' timestamp='1328617937' post='1529994']
I'm trying to push for a stripped down reggae version of it, should spice it up a little :)
[/quote]

We do it...standard chorus with a reggae style verse and rap section :) People dont recognise it until the vocals come in and then its "Aaah!" Goes down well with the punters.

[quote name='thebrig' timestamp='1328812235' post='1533126']
I've just watched the video again a couple more times, not to check out the legs of course, but to see whether the song will grow on me.
Unfortunately, it still does nothing for me!
[/quote]

Just turn the volume down to zero and watch it a few more times, for research purposes only of course ;)